American Idol Season/Series 10, 2011 discussion - ***possible spoilers***

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ivan_wemple, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

The blue box comments are funny....

surprised by who got the boot tonight...I wasn't a fan of that one anyway, but cannot believe the dreary stands again...what is it about that monotone goober that people keep voting for him? Does the world need another Randy Travis?

To think that guy is gonna get laid more now makes me more mental than hearing him sing every week....:laugh:

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm done with the show. Just cleared it out of my Tivo. Done.

I can't believe it when people this obviously talented don't get votes from those idiotic 12-year-old girls in Iowa (which apparently is their predominant audience).

3. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Looks like AI had another surprise up it's sleeve. Is this show as fixed as I think? How is Lauren still there, really. I'm glad James is going home but I thought he was going to be the next Idol.

4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Woo hoo ! they sent him on his way .......... I don't get why anyone thinsk james should win , he sings out of Key EVERY week & he has to hit a hi-note if a songs needs it or not .
    also he can say it all he wants he is NOT metal .....

How Metal is done .....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtP4K8ihe3g

5. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

And now were left with these 3? Wow...

6. Surprised me, don't know why Lauren is still in it. Glad for Haley, she seems to be building up a voting base.

7. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

you say it best...shocking to believe...

8. j_sunne

j_sunne Forum Resident

For the finale Scotty reenacts the Passion Play. (Not Jethro Tull's)

9. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

Different seasons.

10. Hot Ptah

I always thought that James would not win it all, as America has shown before that they will not vote for a weirdo as their American Idol, but I thought he might make it to the last week.

Haley's comeback from being in the bottom three in the early weeks, and her growth as a perfomer since then, is the big story of this season for me.

11. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'm on vacation so I haven't heard this week's performances, but I imagine that they are consistent with previous weeks: Haley and James screaming, and Lauren and Scotty being boring. Now that we're coming to the close of another seaon of AI, it actually seems not that different than last season. None of these contestants appeals to me to the extent that I want to hear anything by them once the show is over. And apart from tuning in each week to see Jennifer's dazzling styling, the judges panel was a major snorefest this season.

12. Hot Ptah

Haley did much more than scream on "I Who Have Nothing" this week. That was an impressive performance to me, and blew away the Tom Jones single that was always the version of this song in my head.

13. You can say that loud, hope the X-Factor will bring a refreshing change to that later this year.

14. I see her as well as most improved and of the three left am rooting for her.

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

James is a weirdo? Having Asperger's Tourette's Syndrome doesn't make him a weirdo.

16. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Bo Bice, James Durbin -- the edgy rockers simply can't go all the way with this kind of voting. Plus, James kept emphasizing that he missed his wife and young son -- not a good move with the young female voters.

Haley is likely to pick up many more of James' votes than will the young country pair. The voting next week could be interesting.

I know many of you find Lauren uninspiring, but her voice is beautifully melodic -- IMO, much better than Haley and the boring one.

17. shokhead

Watch out for Lauren to sneak in there and win it. I think she has been getting better and better and better.

18. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Well, hopefully I'll recall that you wrote that in one week when I'm home and watching Haley's performance. Blowing Tom Jones' performance away, though? I find that impossible to believe, honestly. Tom Jones was (and still is) a great singer. I haven't heard anything from Haley to date that suggests that she's capable of anything remotely close to a vocal like Tom Jones has been delivering for around five decades.

19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Although she isn't a fav of mine I just figured she would make the final. Her blandness sells to the general buying public.

20. Hot Ptah

That's not what I meant. I meant that he is a hard rock singer who dresses in an unusual way for Middle America and talks about "giving metal a chance." He is not the clean-cut All American boy singing middle of the road songs. Adam Lambert vs. Kris Allen comes to mind.

I have an autistic son and do not think that Asperger's or Tourette's Syndrome is weird at all.

In hindsight, it may have been a mistake for James to keep saying "America, give metal a chance." What if someone doesn't like metal, but liked his versions of "Maybe I'm Amazed" and other pop songs? That was an unnecessary narrowing of his fan base.

21. Hot Ptah

Haley's performance of that song was one of the best performances I have ever seen on American Idol. I found it remarkable.

22. shokhead

She has what sells to mothers, cute and sweet.

23. shokhead

You might be right. A vote for the others is a vote against metal.

24. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I found that Steven Tyler song totally insipid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.