American Idol Season/Series 10, 2011 discussion - ***possible spoilers***

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ivan_wemple, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I liked it better then Jennifers.

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Exactly. I should have said that. :)

It sells. It's inoffensive and listenable. She'll be a pop country darling I think.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

At least "On The Floor" is catchy and good in a club. Tyler's wouldn't even appear on an Aerosmith album. Not sure what he was thinking with that one.

4. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

He may have been thinking, "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$", or "I'm in my sixties, my band is not touring or recording, I have a whole new audience from American Idol, so let's go commercial and pop."

5. zen

zen Senior Member

Happy for Haley Reinhart.

I can't agree. I thought her version of "Unchained Melody" was pretty weak. Beauty pagent stuff. If she picks the wrong tunes, it could be sayonara.

6. j_sunne

j_sunne Forum Resident

He couldn't find a way to work "I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper" into the lyrics, so stuck with Do the Do (Dew?).

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

But he's not "Metal" & i bet a lot of people who like Metal were watching this season with a rocker like tyler on the show , James is a step away from fall out boy ....

8. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

That made me laugh, thank you for that. :righton:

9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Haley is almost there to the winner's spot.

Evan

10. Vinyl-Addict

Votefortheworst has done its job.

11. Hot Ptah

It all gets down to how they perform from now on of course. However, if they all do reasonably well, this will be a test of how much American Idol voting is dominated by people who like country music.

I think that of the three, Haley is the only one who has the potential to blow the others away, with spectacular performances. The other two pretty much do what they do, and are not as likely to come up with something stunning.

12. Hot Ptah

I don't agree. She had some weak performances in the middle of the show, but recently I think she has improved a great deal and her performances have ranged from good to excellent recently, for me.

13. phish

phish Jack Your Body

you mean scotty mclame?

14. Vinyl-Addict

I agree. I like about 50% of her performances now, whereas in the beginning, she was pretty marginal at best. She did a great version of Adele's "Rolling in the deep" and that was probably when I realized she had real potential.
    She really has to be careful of song selection because when she chooses right, she can sound really good. I'd like to see her win more than the other 2, that's for sure. :)

15. :laugh:

16. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I just can't stand when Haley starts that growling stuff. I don't remember her
    doing that when the competition first started.

17. phish

phish Jack Your Body

she was encouraged in the beginning by the judges. seems like they do it every year with some girl.

18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Haley's "IN IT TO WIN IT!". Sorry but someone needs to use Randy's catchphrase of this year (dawg). For catchphrases I prefer "Is he having a laff?".

19. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Yep! They say do more or we like it and they do then why do you keep doing that. Every year.

20. Hot Ptah

The judges told her that she was like Janis Joplin at some point too. So she sang "Piece of My Heart" and it was one of her worst performances, in my opinion. She needs to stay away from the growling and hard rock material. She is a singer of pretty pop songs, and is quite good at that.

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Not necessarily. I don't like modern country music, but of the three remaining contestants I'd rather hear Scotty sing. At least he can carry a tune without making my ears hurt, even though he's beyond bland.

22. zen

zen Senior Member

Agreed. This growling s*** that Haley does, must be used sparingly.

I hope Haley revisits "I Feel The Earth Move" by Carole King. Look no further, that's the song for her so far, without a doubt.

So, you're willing to settle for beyond bland? :laugh:

23. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'd rather have neither, but I definitely prefer bland over irritating.

24. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Agreed all around, especially the last comment. Of course, dressing differently and singing different stuff is why we LIKED him, as opposed to Lauren who doesn't do much for me at all.

I agree with Jimmy Iovine's comment that Scotty doesn't need to win. Some smart folks in Nashville should scoop him up, hook him up with good songwriters and so on, and he should do well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.