Analogue Productions Ridiculous Shipping Costs $19 for 1 SACD

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jrnyfn, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrnyfn

jrnyfn Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just got an email about the Axis: Bold as Love SACD. So I went to order the $35 item and the cheapest shipping is economy at $19.71. Besides spending over $89 for the free shipping anyone know if they will ship cheaper? This just seems unnecessary.

arcamsono and bluesbro like this.
  2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Shipping to US? That would be outrageous!

3. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Supposedly they will ship via Media Mail if you contact them.

Dave likes this.
  4. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I went through this same thing with them. I was told there is a comments box on the shipping page and to request media mail there.

5. jrnyfn

Yes to the continental US.

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Crazy. I checked my zip code and Acoustic Sounds wants $14.91 to ship a single SACD. Guess they want to incentivize ordering at least 3 items to get free shipping.

7. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I cancelled my order through them & ordered the Hendrix SACDs for the same price & free shipping from someone else.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

$14.56 to Nashville, TN

9. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Do they want business?

Dave likes this.
  10. jrnyfn

11. arcamsono

arcamsono Senior Member

Well that's 100%unacceptable. So what's justification

12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

They explain under Customer Service on their site. Weight, distance. Why you see different amounts in the posts above.
    As a happy customer since 2007, I've always received each, and every purchase undamaged, in what we here like to call "bombproof packaging," always in no more than 2 days, via Fedex.
    I'm building my wish list there right now, for the next 20% off sale. Also, my order will be well over the $89 threshold.

Galley likes this.
  13. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

I asked Evan at Acoustic Sounds about media mail shipping about a month back. He confirmed this is an option.
    Here's how:

"We're happy to accommodate shipping via USPS Media Mail any time -- on the checkout page, there's a box where you can enter special shipping instructions. In that box, type "Please ship via Media Mail" and we'll make the change when your order is processed. If paying by credit card, you will be pre-authorized for the order total plus Fed Ex shipping, but then you'll only be charged for the Media Mail rate when your order ships (It's typically $10-$13 cheaper). If paying by PayPal, you'll be charged the Fed Ex amount but we can still change it and refund the difference back to you.

You'll be happy to know we are beta testing a new cart on our website right now, and in the near future you'll be able to select this option yourself without having to type anything in the special shipping instructions."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.