Analogue Productions Ted Nugent S/T SACD (shipping now from Acoustic Sounds)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KeithH, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who, what, where?

Clanceman likes this.
  2. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

The two Discreet LPs were pretty good...especially if you like Ted's Amboy Dukes-era guitar playing.

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Ummmm. Swipe right on the blonde, swipe left on the stache.

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Do any of the prior CD editions have the full outro on "Hey Baby"?

5. No clue. Looks like a chick with a Nugent laminate tour pass and a man with a backstage pass. So, who is this?

6. Plexihead

Plexihead Well-Known Member

The remastered cd I still have also has the ending faded. It sounds "correct" to me, but I sold my original lp in the early 90's and the original cd when the remaster came out.

7. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

An early CD (pre-remastering) should resolve this point. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll locate a used copy and report back.

If the remaster fully reproduces recordings heard on the original LP, then it's correct. My memories of the original LP have Hey Baby with the extended ending, no fade-out. Anyone with a vintage copy of the LP could quickly clear this up.

The fade-out will matter more to some folks than others. It's just that this being a top drawer remaster one would think reproducing the artist's recordings note for note would be the first objective. :sigh:

:cheers:
    Cat

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  8. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

OK, having located and listened to a YouTube vinyl needle drop of Hey Baby, it's unclear whether some pressings have the extended ending with no fade-out. I remember it distinctly on early vinyl (Epic?) over the system I had back then, but that was many years ago; I no longer have the orig. LP. There may be other pressings or perhaps the audio transfer posted on YouTube isn't complete, but without indisputable proof I'm yielding to the general consensus.

Even though I don't believe I'm mistaken, the last thing I want is to be responsible for anyone on the fence missing out on a well mastered SACD. :angel:

:cheers:
    Cat

9. catchthecarp

catchthecarp Forum Resident

Finally got a copy of this release and after listening to it all I can I say is I'm impressed. Previous posters have used the term "warm" to describe the sound and that was my first impression as well although full-bodied maybe a better description. Fantastic detail and clarity along with plentiful bass. Heck, I even enjoyed You Make Feel Right At Home after listening to all the preceding scorchers. Very crank-able and definitely a keeper.

LEONPROFF and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Nearly two years later...this thread being bumped...the SACD itself becoming scarce, I've finally broke down, and ordered one.

11. Good deal Myke. You'll enjoy it. I sure have for the past two years. :tiphat:

Myke likes this.
  12. Myke

I am !!! No digital BS characteristic of removing the bass, and making my subwoofer scream " WTF ??? " Everything is where it should be, and very crankable !!!!!!

Two years is better late than never, and besides...this can only help preserve my pristine 1975 vinyl copy for my heirs !!!

Clanceman and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  13. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I love the AP LP. One of the best sounding of 4200 lps in my collection. Not sure where it ranks, but it's a 'wow' every time.

johnny q likes this.
  14. IndyLions

IndyLions Forum Resident

Just placed my order as well. Glad I didn't miss this one...

Clanceman likes this.
  15. Just played this again and it got me thinking, it's time AF or AP to get in gear and release the next three or four titles in his discography. The first few are absolutely as classic as they come. Right through and including Double Live Gonzo.
    Please bring em' in SACD!

izgoblin, Todd W. and Clanceman like this.
  16. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Could
    Not
    Agree
    More
    !!!!

17. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

I played my original Canadian pressing last week and couldn't figure out what happened to it in the 20 years since I last listened to it. Side 1 sounds like it has severe groove damage. Decided to find out if a good vinyl reissue is available and thanks to this thread I just got off the phone with my local audiophile store who have put the 200g Analogue Productions aside for me. Can't wait to hear Stranglehold again in all it's glory!!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  18. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Oh you're gonna love it! :pineapple:

19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Can anyone who has the AP LP advise how the SACD sounds in comparison??

20. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

I recently ordered this w/ 20% off code from James Gang Rides Again thread. I can't access the video you put up but found 2 youtube vids that play the ending I remember (one's 4:00 and the other 4:03 seem to be the same)I might be remembering poorly as I had this in the late 70's and went through my I LOVE Ted up to Weekend Warriors ( I tried to love it. Hell, I even tried to just like it)and then I was over him . Even had some Amboys Dukes LPs.SO. back to point,the ending is cut off for sure? I'll find out eventually. I'll hear what your pointing out and post my thoughts since on one else is noticing or is aware of the edit( I think it ships today).But, I like my music to sound what I recall it being as well. Nugent's S/T & Free For All are great albums and heard the radio songs from them long before I was smitten by Wang Dang...( Cat Scratch Fever LP) and started buying his LPs Starting with that one in I think '76 ( I was a 9th or 10th grader by then) Let you know what I think

21. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

It shouldn't have taken you this to realize a great song. One of my favorites on the self-titled........:D

22. Natvecal.

Just got the SACD today (4\20\17). Put it in and went right for Hey Baby (4:02) and it's the ending I seem to recall.I bought this LP somewhere around '76 to '78 at the latest. Epic Records orange center. 10th grade for sure ('78) I had it and sounds like what I remember,my friend. I don't doubt your recollection. Maybe first pressing had it and the LP I had wasn't part of that batch.I am interested to know if this IS the edited version all along and there is a longer version ( that you had) that's out there some where....

23. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

24. Myke

My 1st US pressing has the slow fade out with the noodling. I always got a kick out of that, even as a 16 year-old in 1975.

25. Natvecal.

So yours is the fade out as well...I'm feeling better that maybe this is the correct version.It reminds me of a Foghat MOFI SACD review on Amazon (one star review and all the other reviews were 5 stars) that stated the cross fade of My Babe starting while Fool for The City was still fading away wasn't there. Hence the one star.I had the rhino and never noticed(I love overlapped songs.Always when ripping onto Computer I ALWAYS join the CD tracks affected So as to never separate during shuffle).I got out the disc listen ...NO Overlap! And I never noticed TILL I read this guys review and remembered it vaguely on my LP from the late '70s. I had forgotten all about it. So...ya never know......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.