And... here's the reason why you shouldn't buy any remaster by Abbey Road Technology

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fjhuerta, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

:rolleyes: :sigh: :butchers:

http://www.abbeyroad.co.uk/remastering/

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I have to say that some of the vintage classical EMI remasters have been very good to excellent. Hiss included, nice tonality. I think that the classical reissue producers still use their ears.

Dan C

3. Unfortunately those services do not include the "breath" of life! :realmad:

4. fjhuerta

I think the description above applies only to pop remasters. At least, Peter Mew only works on them.

5. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

I recently picked up the new Hollies Box set from the UK....EMI..things are same as always there...this collection is just another example of how bad new remasters are from EMI these days....what a shame...I wanted to pick this up..being a big Hollies fan..but I was just hoping it would'nt be so bad sound wise....this guy is just destroying the music..and there's a long history of great things that came from EMI..as long as this is what will be done to it...who needs it...Sure glad I still have my 20 Greatest Hits collection and my other early Hollies discs....

When will it end...the worst thing about it all is that the people at EMI think they are just doing a fantastic job on preserving these recordings...

JF

6. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

And what's very scary indeed is that once the Beatles ones are done (more than likely wrong), that'll be it. There won't be ANOTHER remaster...people will rave about it and that'll be the end of it. Lets hope that isn't the case...

7. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

I'm glad I stopped after I bought the three "Abbey Road" disc's Perter Mew did on the Hollies. Awful, and I'm being kind, I never heard anybody take the sound of any recordings and just sucked the life out of it like Mew did on these disc's. I wish somebody at EMI would wake up!!!

8. fjhuerta

So sad... well, I'll be receiving my Queen Box Set on Sunday. I can only hope it sounds better than the Hollywood Remasters. :(

9. fjhuerta

Oh, BTW... those asterisks have nothing to do with me using bad words. But I'll refrain from using the ones I have been using. Sorry :)

10. SculptorD5

SculptorD5 Senior Member

Well, Mew did Bowie's "scary monsters" and "ziggy" Sacds. I like mine, they sound good. I've also read good reviews of those on here.
    Too many conflicting opinions.... i'm going to bed!

Danny

11. triple

triple Senior Member

Would that include any Maria Callas stuff?
    Thx,
    Goran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.