Anderson Rabin & Wakeman CD/ DVD/ Bluray September 7th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scottb, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just knew that it would be Trevor who considered walking away from ARW first! There's been a massive drop in the quality of his guitar playing since he quit after the Talk Tour, which suggests he didn't keep at his craft in the subsequent years. Also, it's been claimed that he was initially reluctant to take on any lead vocals, though Changes ended up being added to setlists. While I can't imagine a reconciliation between Steve, Jon and Rick just yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they reunite later to celebrate specific albums, rather than simply to commemorate the 50th anniversary since the formation of Yes. Of course, that would mean ARW dropping its rhythm section, which isn't unrealistic when you consider they're in-demand session players. As happened with Benoît, such a reunion would require the official Yes to unceremoniously drop their current singer, though it's possible he may willingly leave if it leaves the door open for something we might not get to see again further on down the line - especially when you consider that we've already lost Chris, not to mention Alan's poor condition in the last few years. I can definitely see Jon, Rick, Steve, Alan and maybe Tony with a few guest appearances from Patrick all playing together in the near future, preferably with Jay Schellen and Billy Sherwood involved to some capacity, with the latter someone Chris personally chose before his passing as a replacement of sorts. Unfortunately, any involvement from Jon would likely rule out any continued focus on material from Drama or Fly From Here, including the presence of Geoff Downes along with the occasional appearance by Trevor Horn (which I'd personally consider a loss, though I also appreciate that some fans have little time for the Drama line-up and its output). With such a large group of members to choose from, someone will always be left out, and it's at least good to know that Trevor Rabin may still have his other career to fall back on. If only it was somehow possible to orchestrate another "best of both worlds" type scenario where all the major players get to share a stage for the benefit of their loyal followers, but I fear there's too much water under the bridge for that now...

Norbert Becker likes this.
  2. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member Thread Starter

Sadly I do not see Anderson and Howe ever playing together again. Rick will never play with Howe either. Rick will put 100% of time to his solo career and I don't know what Jon will do. I think Steve Howe's YES ship will keep sailing until the day that Howe retires from playing live. I wish this wasn't the case but I'm certain it will be.

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  3. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

But see Trevor's comment, appended to the interview article:
    It has been suggested that YES(ARW) might be ending due to comments within this interview.
    I want to make it very clear that it is not the case.
    Rick Jon and I didn’t come into ARW in a vacuum.
    We were all very busy. Other career interests don’t just disappear. We all fully intend to carry on doing what we were doing while putting full energy into YES.

Rufus rag, walrus, BwanaBob and 3 others like this.
  4. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

No Chris = No YES

5. zen

zen Senior Member

Ill pass. I'm still waiting for the new ARW studio album.

6. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Not a bad sentiment, but irrelevant.

There are two bands calling themselves Yes right now, and both have legitimate claims to the name.

I don't mind them performing or recording, it's all good. If they eventually kiss and make up (SH + JA + RW), all the better. If not, let's just enjoy that there are Yes members making and performing Yes music still, in 2018.

7. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

While I probably agree, I have learned to say never say never when it comes to this kinds of stuff.

Scottb and anduandi like this.
  8. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

If the Hall of Fame induction turns out to be the last time Jon and Rick played with Steve, at least they put aside the squabbling and got their :ignore: together one last time for the fans' sake.

longdist01 and gja586 like this.
  9. I can't believe3 my luck...a new cd/blu ray coming out and today me and the missus are going to see them in Huber Heights OH

10. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

YES

11. Norbert Becker

Norbert Becker Senior Member

Steve Howe has exclusive use of Roger Dean’s artwork.

Norco74 likes this.
  12. Norco74

Good for him! He runs his business as he likes and won’t be shy to collect some royalties from this CD if case may be. Just a missed opportunity to make things right IMO.

There’s a zillion artists who could have produced very interesting artworks that would have been better than the one on display here.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I really enjoyed the ARW show I went to in 2016. Even though, as said, Trevor's guitar playing wasn't what it was when he was a full-time rock musician, it was still a joy getting to see him play. But all I'm really interested in as far as product is a studio album.

14. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

Not true.
    Hes sharing rights to the classic Yes logo with Dean but of course Dean could and would have painted a cover for ARW if they had hired him.

15. kwf

kwf Forum Resident

That art is basically the same as the advertising for the tour

longdist01 likes this.
  16. Norco74

These legal matters are always very complicated. I am not sure who’s owning what anymore... :help:

Yes vs. Yes: Who Actually Owns the Band's Name?

17. I'd be mighty tempted to buy an ARW studio album. But having saw the band live about a year ago, I don't really need a live document especially badly. I did enjoy the concert, but I thought Rabin was a little rough around the edges at times.

If anything, what I *really* wish I had, was a Jon-Anderson/Jean-Luc-Ponty collaborative *studio* album. I saw them live together, and that was about as enjoyable as can be.

18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

He could've, if he was willing to, perhaps. I don't know that he would have though. He is tied to Howe pretty closely. I'm not sure he would do something to affect that relationship negatively.

None of Anderson's post-Yes releases have had Dean artwork - the Anderson Wakeman albums, Anderson Ponty, Anderson Stolt, or the "Anderson and everybody who wants to participate" album ("Survival").

Norbert Becker likes this.
  19. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

Years ago saw the classic YES line-up live and Wakeman hit a couple of wrong notes, and the look Steve gave him!

Scottb likes this.
  20. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

I think Henry Potts wrote over at progressive ears that Dean said he would be open to work for ARW.
    However I don't think Trevor Rabin wants to be associated with Roger's artwork.

21. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

I remember those looks by Howe and Squire when Benoit David didn't hit the high notes right at the concert I attended. Something you definitely wouldn't want to receive yourself....

22. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

A little teaser here;

23. Scottb

24. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

Wow ! This is really fun watching:righton:

25. Scottb

The guys are really having a blast. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray.

anduandi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.