Animal House - 25 years this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John Carsell, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny C.

Johnny C. Ringo's Biggest Fan

It was only awkward for the Sorority girls, for me it was hilarious.

Reminded me of a couple of night clubs I know in Philadelphia, believe me you wouldn't want to stroll in to one of them if you were a stranger.

2. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

"Thank you God!!!"

3. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident Thread Starter

Mr. Blu.....MISTER BLUTARSKI, 0.00!

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

!!!FOOD FIGHT!!! I wonder how many caferteria food fights broke out after the original run??? Anyone involved in any?

5. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

One of my top five favorite comedies too....

Great flick!

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Definetly....... I got the VHS of it a few months ago...... Definetly worth seeing :)

7. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

Makes me think of my high school daze> luv the movie when it came out and still luv it!

sean

8. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

That's Verna Bloom, kids. Verna Fields was a film editor and Universal Pictures VP.

Vidiot likes this.
  9. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

And for anyone still around from back in the 2003 beginning of this thread (Michael?), it was reissued on DVD in Dbl Secret Probation form in '04. :)

10. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

That's the version I have, bought at Walmart for $5! The bluRay goes real cheap too, $7.

11. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

This movie greatly influenced my character. I quote it on a regular basis. Drop and give me 20!

12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

[​IMG]

13. First movie I snuck into underage (you had to be 18 back then in Ontario) and still one of my favourite movies of all time. I went with an overweight party animal friend and I've never forgotten when the Dean was expelling them all in his office and he said to Flounder "fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son!". My friend leaned over and said "oh yeah?".

black sheriff and Vidiot like this.
  14. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

If this movie was made now, would they have Clorette DePasto (mayor's daughter that gets involved with Kroger) be 13 years old?

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

"Zero Point Zero!"

This movie has a million quotable quotes.

16. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Strange enough, was involved in quite a few in grade school! For some reason, any time they served lime jello, baked beans, "big" green peas, and the buns with cheese sticks, the food would go flying all over the cafeteria. The ceiling had tiles with big holes, SO.......up went the peas! Don't know who freaked out more - the nuns or the other teachers. Wild times in the 60's.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

HA! that's hysterical...yes, the times were wild back then...now a dream memory...

18. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Has Tom Hulce ever contributed to any of the commentary tracks or documentaries?

19. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

Funny how this thread was started 12 years ago....Maybe change title of thread

20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

None of the "Animal House" DVDs/BDs have had commentaries. All of them have been pretty skimpy in terms of extras, with a circa 1998 documentary remaining the biggest attraction.

Hulce isn't in that and hasn't participated in any other DVD/BD extras, I don't think. I've reviewed 3 DVDs and 1 BD - Hulce was nowhere to be found.

Neither was Donald Sutherland. I think Sutherland and Hulce are the only significant living (at the time of the 1998 release) actors who didn't participate.

"Animal House" could use a packed special edition, but given how many times Universal has re-released the same essential package, I wouldn't count on it...

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

We're gonna be at the movie's 40th anniversary before too long! :help:

22. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Being in college when the movie hit was just too wild. Every frat on campus had to emulate the movie's scenes and actually there weren't many reports of food fights until after the movie hit the screens.
    People would get drunk and start rattling off quotes from the movie back and forth, the way we do today with Lebowski or Glengerry.
    You'd hear Shout from the soundtrack album 5 or 6 times a night at parties.

23. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Of course Donald is MIA, he took his fee and left points on the table.

24. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Nowadays, I bet you still hear Shout played at least once at frat parties (and at nightclubs/bars) near a campus.

Back in the mid-late 80s, during my undergrad days, it was still played frequently and even during grad school from the late 80s - mid 90s it was.

25. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Even the wife loves the movie. She laughs just looking at John, even when he's not making faces. She laughs til she cries when John looks back at the camera on the ladder and when he's running across the lawn at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.