Another religious epic coming to theaters...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

2. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member

:d :d :d

4. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I can just get the DVD or VHS of this movie if I want to watch it.

5. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

That's very true, Bradley. However, I very much enjoyed seeing Monty Python & The Holy Grail during its big-screen re-release - heck, I wasn't around to see it the first time it was in theaters, and I thought the big presentation added a lot of 'epic' feeling to the movie. Of course, with ticket prices now approaching 1/2 or more of the cost of a DVD...:rolleyes:

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

[​IMG]

with the right crowd "Life Of Brian" would be fun to see once again.

I did see it at a theater when it came out years ago.

btw: I bought the DVD of "The Bible" the other day. This was a big movie in its day 1966 but not much has been made out of its debut on DVD. I remember seeing it at 8 years old one summer while I was visiting Ireland.

7. guy incognito

Actually, you'd be surprised how much more entertaining even the most familiar movie can be when you watch it on a big screen, in a theater with an audience. This is especially true of comedies; stuff that's only mildly amusing when you see it alone can become downright hilarious in a roomful of people laughing out loud.

8. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I never got "Life of Brian". Well, I *did* get it, and the premise was very, very good... and the execution might have been even better.

But I just couldn't like it as much as "Holy Grail". :D

9. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I just don't like being with huge crowds very often.

10. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I'm looking forward to Jerry Bruckheimer's THE PASSION PART II: THE VENGEANCE.

"He's back, he's pissed, and he's [wham!] not [crack!] turning [bam!] the [boom!] other [KABOOM!] cheek!"

11. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

That actually happened the exact same way in "Ghandi II", on Weird Al Yankovic's "UHF".

12. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Boy, I feel ya on that one, Brad. :thumbsup:

13. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I had to wade through piles of protesters to see the film in '79. One protester told me I was going to hell if I saw the film. I stoped and asked the zombie if he was going to heaven. He claimed that he was. I told him I'd rather go to hell just to get away from you.

14. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Jeez, thanks Rachael...I just spit pop all over the monitor!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Zombie? Hey! Dawn of the Dead has it's own thread,no thread-jacking here! ;) :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Sean

16. Rachael Bee

Guyz, I went through the same stuff with the zombies at THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRISTO. Hey, I'm living in the buckle of the bible belt. One fine day I was playing pinball downtown and a zombie walked up behind me and said, "you're playing with the devil". My reply was, "and loving it!" Then using the vocabulary I'd gained at Monty Python films, I quickly added, "now piss off." He did.... Sorry about the spilled drink Rudy!

17. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

The funny thing is, the movie isn't even Christ-related! I wonder how many religious people who hated the movie knew that...

18. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

I'm a religious person, Christian in fact. I saw the movie. I didn't hate it.

I didn't think it was as good as Grail, mostly because the sophomoric stuff was lazier, but the Pontius Pilate sequence was worth the trip.

19. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam

Do we have a Wahderick???... How about a Wahger???

20. Rachael Bee

The thing I like about LOB is that all the factions and splitters portrayed reflect the reality of Judea in those days. It had more rebellions than proably all the other provinces of the Roman Empire combined...? The people literally were sitting around wishing for a heavily armed messiah day after day.

"...I'm Brian and so is my wife..."

21. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Do you find that wisible?

:cool:

22. guy incognito

"This time I want to hear no Weubens...no Weginalds...no Wudolph the Wed-Nosed Weindeers..."

"No Thpenther Trathyth..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.