Another Schlesinger v Ticketmaster e-mail, and more anger from me ...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stephen J, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident Thread Starter

This morning I received another message from the "Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster" administrators, announcing new shows that can be redeemed with vouchers. And guess what? Once again, ZERO shows are near my area, which is Louisiana. Nothing at all in New Orleans, the nearest shows are 300 miles away in Houston.

Burns me up! I'm sure plenty of "class action" members have enjoyed free concerts, but I never have, because if they've ever listed concerts in my state, I haven't seen them. I have been able to redeem vouchers for $2.50 their fees, but never free tickets. URRRRRRGH!

But hey, if you live in Tampa and want to catch Chicago and REO Speedwagon next week, you can!

Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Settlement Ticket Codes & Vouchers

2. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras

Nothing in the SF Bay Area, either. :shake:

MikaelaArsenault and Stephen J like this.
  3. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

I got two tickets to see Dickey Betts. Not sure if he can still play. I won't even mention what happened last time when I got two tickets to see Gregg Allman and ZZ Top.

4. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Gregg put on the worst show I have ever seen in the 80s, unless you find comedy in someone so drunk he has to grab his keyboard to keep from falling off his bench. Then a decade or so later he canned Betts complaining he was too much of an alcoholic to perform at an adequate level.

Chemguy likes this.
  5. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Fortunately Gregg got his act together in his last few years. Too bad the show I had tickets for was cancelled and that was the end of the road. I hear that Dickey isn't playing well to start this last tour.

6. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident Thread Starter

Congrats - glad someone around here got a show to see.

MikaelaArsenault and egebamyasi like this.
  7. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

Whole thing an absurd joke. A better giveaway, one we could actually use which is of course why they didn't do it, is like 10 (or however many) complete eliminations on all fees above face value for next 10 purchases. I too saw no eligible shows in latest email from yesterday.

8. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

Gregg was in a bad way back then, yes, but... Dickey’s firing went beyond drunkeness and subpar playing as a result. Missing shows because he was in jail for hitting his wife, for one. Further violence towards crew, and even band, members too. He assaulted Woody, and he and Warren left the band to do Gov’t Mule full time shortly thereafter (Documented in Alan Paul’s excellent book).

Anyhow, after Gregg’s disasterous appearance at ABB’s hall of fame induction he finally got himself straightened out and was, as I understand it, for the last 20 years or so of his life. Certainly was by the time things go out of hand with Dickey. Maybe Dickey cleaned himself up since then too, I don’t know, but I certainly understood why the band canned him.

Sorry for veering off-topic. I don’t think I got the Ticketbastard email about settlement ticket this year.

Just as well, as there was nothing worthwhile either of the last two years. They’d lure in me with names like Dead & Co., then I’d look and there was nothing available for them.

WarEagleRK likes this.
  9. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

He was no better in the early 90s either, where he would leave the stage as the band was playing, so he could do whatever he was doing. But, to his credit, he did clean up his act where Dickey did not and it ended up costing Dickey his job. Very sad set of circumstances.

10. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I ended up just using mine on out of area shows and just selling them on Stubhub.

Brian Doherty and Stephen J like this.
  11. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Just got tickets for a Rod Stewart/Cyndi Lauper show and then a Penatonix show in the next two months just outside Indy. For free I'm happy:)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Stephen J likes this.
  12. Surly

Surly Bon Viv-oh-no-he-didn't

I got tickets for Retro Futura tour here in L.A. next week. It's weird - when I went on the other day, I found this show and scored 2 tix. Super cheap seats in the back of the theater. I've been re-checking the site daily; the list of shows is dwindling. But then I just went on a few minutes ago and there was another entry for Retro Futura that wasn't there previously. I clicked through and the tix were much better, so I grabbed those, too. I have, like, 17 vouchers, so I don't mind burning through a couple to get better seats. No way I'll ever be able to use all of them.

So if you like new wave and you're in L.A., go grab some!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.