Anthrax "For All Kings" (2016) new album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by agentalbert, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

The Japanese version gets a bonus track "Vice of the People" along with the 4 song live disc if you order the deluxe.

I am going to the listening party on Thursday in Butler, NJ. They are doing a Q&A and I will see if I can ask them about the unique masterings.

2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Do you know if "Vice of the People" is an original or a cover?

3. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

I tweeted him about this and he said only the vinyl is different "because it's vinyl."

4. Stallings

Stallings Forum Resident

That's quiet an assessment. Looking forward to it!

5. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

I'm just telling you what he told me.

6. At first I'm listening to these songs and thinking, Man, these guys don't have it any longer. Then the song finishes and I'm humming along to what I just heard! HA!

Okay, so I really hope the rumors are right that these will be mastered well (or whatever). I don't want to get excited too soon.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

even john anthrax is great stuff

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

That's the only stuff I really like. I will say that Worship Music had a few decent tunes, so there's that.

I don't know, I'm not a fan of Belladonna and Scott Ian has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile now. I think I'm finished with Anthrax.

9. Matthew Tate

i like both eras

Clanceman, DreamIsOver and GodShifter like this.
  10. Nah, I don't like that s**t. I want Joey with my Anthrax. That's what I grew up on. :)

driverdrummer and Almost Simon like this.
  11. Matthew Tate

i grew up with john but joey is good too. neither guy is the original singer though

12. Yeah, Neil Turbin. And you know, thinking about it, Neil was kind of the Paul Di'Anno of early Anthrax. He hung in there and did a damn good job, but Joey came in and added the range like Dickinson did for Maiden. Metal Thrashing Mad still holds its raw charm today.

13. Matthew Tate

there was also matt fallon at some point but i don't think they released anything with him

14. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Don't forget about Dan Nelson, but at least he has some writing credits on Worship Music and Anthems.

15. Matthew Tate

no writing credits on the covers ep

16. sons of nothing

Crawl is also on Anthems.

17. Matthew Tate

forgot that even though its on the previous album too

18. sons of nothing

It is, but I know what you mean. To me, Anthems is all about the covers, with Crawl being "filler."

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Matthew Tate

yeah. I prefer the covers to be b-sides/bonus tracks/added to a regular album.

listening to stomp 442 right for the first time in years. imo bush era thrax was the only sellout thrash band who still kept a thrashy sound. I love megadeth and metallica from this era too but very little of it sounded like thrash. not to say this is straight thrash but it remainded closer to thrash that metallica or megadeth did throughout most of the 90's

20. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I've seen the splatter vinyl which comes with a slipmat (which looks better than the one that comes with the ltd edition boxset) but it's only available in the US. Comes to $30 but the site is quoting $24 shipping on top so $54/£43 and thats before import duty is added. A tad frustrating as i'd love to have that but will stick with the UK blue vinyl.

Pleased with the limited editions, there's no complaint from me on that, just the fact that certain editions only available in certain countries.

That said, the quality of the album is the most important thing and i dont think anyone is going to be disappointed by For All Kings from what i've heard to date.

21. Almost Simon

On the songs i've heard Joey sounds great. I'm getting a distinct feeling/influence of Maiden about this album, the fact both bands and recent albums have someone who can still sing the high notes into their 50's. Its rare nowadays, but its very good.

22. Matthew Tate

so favorite tunes by the band?

joey era:
    1 be all, end all
    2 Indians
    3 I am the law
    4 keep it in the family
    5 among the living
    6 madhouse
    7 belly of the beast
    8 gung ho
    9 now its dark
    10 NFL

john era
    1 inside out
    2 hy pro glow
    3 strap it on
    4 only
    5 safe home
    6 room for one more
    7 this is not an exit
    8 in a zone
    9 fueled
    10 black lodge

Clanceman and GodShifter like this.
  23. Almost Simon

A bit more detail on the variants: Anthrax indie variant detailed »

The indie exclusive variant of the upcoming Anthrax album, titled For All Things, will be on “p*ss yellow” vinyl with red, orange crush, kelly green, and grimace purple splatter. It comes with a bonus slipmat and is limited to 2,000 copies. The blue version, mentioned in this post, will be available at all retailers and will be aqua blue and electric blue. Nuclear Blast has its own variants, as well. For other merch, there’s a deck of playing cards actually being made available, along with a download. All variants have an etched D-side and will be released on 2/26.

24. Almost Simon

Loving this album. I have ordered the ltd edition blue vinyl which is on its way but to be honest wasn't looking to use that as my go to copy so went to HMV and they have the nice double black vinyl for £15.99.

Chock full of riffs, hooks and big choruses. Fave track right now is Blood Eagle Wings but the whole album is great.

Vinyl sound quality to me is very good. Again, I'm no audiophile but I've got it turned up LOUD and it sounds f***ing great!!! :cool:

25. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit.... Anthrax was in Butler, NJ last night? Where?? I live right up the road from Butler, in West Milford... if I'd known about this I would've checked it out!!

(ala Jack Nicholson as the Joker) DOGGONE IT WHY AM I ALWAYS THE LAST TO FIND OUT ABOUT COOL STUFF? :D

(pant...pant...) sorry. Didn't mean to go off on a rant. Anyway, the new album is out today, right? I wonder if I should even bother to try my local Best Buy for it on my way home from work? After all, they skunked me on the new Megadeth on its release date... :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.