Anthrax - State of Euphoria Reissue with Bonus Disc

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dennis1077, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

The only way to go, so far. :)

2. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

I prefer my much more balanced custom remaster...;)

3. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

I'm not sure where you're seeing that the issues were "fixed." He still doesn't like the album because he feels it's incomplete, that they should've worked on it more. Benante is the one who was able to go back and actually enjoy the album again.

4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Good to know. I’ll start checking Amazon.ca. Have you ever got remasters instead from a 3rd party seller, thinking you ordered an original?

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Only once. I thought I was getting an original ACDC Let There Be Rock and I ended up getting the 1995 remaster. It was $6 so I didn't care, I just tried again and finally got a German original mastering.

You'd be shocked what I found from japan for under $10, with obi's in like new condition. Original Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, etc. The trick to Amazon is trying multiple search terms because sometimes the artist isn't listed and you have to have the patience to go through 100's of listings. It's paid off for me.

The best is finding a listing that's going for $100 and then seeing another 3rd party selling at $6 plus 3.65 shipping LOL. I'll take deals like that all day long.

Jachay, Brenald79 and sathvyre like this.
  6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I much prefer listing to my original State over the remaster.

7. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

You're right. No where does it say that it was fixed. For that they would have to remix. This is another remaster.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Anyone know if the Among The Living, State Of Euphoria and Pesistance Of Time CDs you can buy new at Sunrise, Amazon, etc using the Pearce remasters or are they the same as the original CDs?

9. The Hud

The Pearce remasters are exclusive to the Aftershock set.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Then I guess the 4 original Anthrax CDs I found used aren’t that rare.

rnranimal likes this.
  11. The Hud

Depends on what you mean by rare.

I don't see Anthrax in the used bins often at all. It was a good find if you ask me!

12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I mean the mastering isn’t as rare as original non-remastered Megadeth, Slayer, Queensryche, etc since you can still buy the original non-remastered Anthrax CDs new as they are still in print.

13. The Hud

Yes, not rare as far as the mastering goes.

How much did you pay for them?

14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

$6 CAN each. They’re all BMG club editions. I’m very happy to find these, I just inially thought I’d found something as rare as 4 original Maiden CDs lol. POT is the only one I could match up a year of release on discogs (1990). The others are listed as unknown year but I’m assuming they’re probably 1990 as well since they’re very similar.

15. The Hud

Still a good price for some high quality thrash!

theshape likes this.
  16. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

My copy arrived on Saturday. State of Euphoria was the soundtrack to my weekend!

Brenald79, The Hud and theshape like this.
  17. The Hud

You were Out of Sight, Out of Mind! :)

18. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Interesting, I always found this a bit flat compared to Persistence & Among. I need to revisit it, can't believe it's been 30 years.

19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Weekend reading:
    [​IMG]

Doggiedogma and theshape like this.
  20. So....how's this new reissue sound? Any reviews?

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  21. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Streamed this on Spotify, album sounded good, tight playing. Glad it got reissued and gets some attention 30 years later. During the single b-side tracks I realized that I have the EU only Penikufesin CD E.P. with "Now It's Dark" as the lead album track. The b-side tracks on the E.P. have the exact same running order as on this reissue.

22. dennis1077

23. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Nice review :thumbsup:. I saw Anthrax on this tour, I believe they opened for Ozzy and most of the crowd was there for Anthrax; I still have the Anthrax tour shirt from the concert. This album though kind of lost a lot of older Anthrax fans, as the band seemed to now become caricatures and a comic book band, it was kind of hard to take them seriously. Persistence Of Time was a great album and the band ditched the "I'm The Man" gimmick. Anthrax still brings it though - hats off to them :tiphat:.

24. dennis1077

Thanks!

I was 12 years old when this album came out. It was my introduction to Anthrax. I do remember some of the older guys trashing State of Euphoria. Now, I can understand the backlash with the colorful shorts and Ninja Turtles guitars. Compared to the cover of Armed of Dangerous, it looked like a completely different band.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  25. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Back in the day Euphoria was a monumental letdown. I bought this reissue though and it's ok compared to Persistence Of Time which IMO is a rubbish album.

Grey Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.