Anthrax - State of Euphoria Reissue with Bonus Disc

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dennis1077, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was so young I didn't have grasp on their discography. State of Euphoria was the first Anthrax tape I bought.

I can see how State of Euphoria could be a let down. It's nowhere near the quality of Spreading the Disease and Among the Living. Still a classic though!

CBackley likes this.
  2. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I am assuming this was your own opinion.....otherwise...and no offence intended, but total codswallop.....SOE of very successful "back in the day", especially here in the UK, and came quickly on the back of Among The Living and was seen as the band building on its popularity and moving up to successful headline act. SOE at the time seemed like a natural progression to Among The Living, although that albums stature continued to grow and eventually over shaddowed SOE. I don't know any Anthrax fans at the time of released who thought it a massive let down

It is easy to look back and criticise it....although I personally rate it (and POT)

mark winstanley likes this.
  3. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Yes SOE was successful, in part because Among The Living was a HUGE underground hit and many people were now waiting to hear the next Anthrax album - which was SOE. I'm The Man was also a huge hit and the band kind of became metal-cartoons: when SOE came out with the McDonald's colors and "Not Man" mascot plastered everywhere, Anthrax became a joke metal band, a lot of fans were turned off by the goofy imagery; SOE is Anthrax's Turbo album.

4. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

State Of Euphoria is the only Anthrax album I ever had, and i thought it was pretty good.
    I never heard persistence of time, but the Joe Jackson cover was great, and it surprised me that it took someone so long to recreate that song that way

5. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I distinctly remember people saying it was far from the best Anthrax record. It's just one of those polarizing albums. Looking back, it's probably my least favorite 80's album but I still have a soft spot for SOE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.