Any Blues Project fans out there?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stax Fan, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just wondrin'. I love the Blues Project and haven't really seen 'em come up on the forum. Great stuff!

bxbluesman likes this.
  2. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

sure, got all their 45's too!

oddly, Steve Katz has a disproportionally large amount of songs on their 45's. You could almost get the impression that he was the main guy if you went strictly by singles.

3. Stax Fan

I've only got "No Time Like The Right Time" on 45. Got all the Verve/Forecast LPs except the "Best Of...", though. Not really the typical singles band.

4. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

there was a scholastic book services biography of the blues project.
    i bought it in the lunch room of my school in mississippi!

5. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Boy, Al Kooper has given me a lot of pleasure over the years in his different projects, but I am right fond of the Blues Project. Hard to believer they were only recorded during a period of a year and a half.

I never made a serious comparison, but I would guess that the stereo's are probably better on Projections and Live at town hall. A go go sounds pretty good in mono and stereo, but i give the mono the edge.

I was looking at my notes, from making a tape of the blues project singles, there's a notation that violets of dawn is different from the album "a go go" version. hmmm...dont remember how's it's different.

"I can't keep from cryin'" single is edited down from the album.

the single "Where there's smoke" is different from the album. it says
    "produced by Wally Gold" on it.

There was one last single by a Kooperless and Kalbless blues project, "Gentle Dreams" b/w "lost in the shuffle" produced by Shadow Morton, of Vanilla Fudge and Inagaddadavita fame.
    and a Sea Train album disguised as a Blues Project album (Planned Obselesence).

6. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

It's a studio version & it's on the great Polydor Chronicles 2 CD set.

7. Stax Fan

I like the Anthology, too! :)

bxbluesman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.