Any Borders coupons?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by CardinalFang, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member Thread Starter

I haven't had an email from Borders in weeks. I want to pick up the Luna DVD after work (they're the only place in town with it in stock), and I was hoping to save a little cash. Anybody have a link to a coupon?

2. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I received some Border's coupons via email last week but they expired July 30. And none of them applied to DVD's.

3. Leppo

Leppo Forum Librarian

4. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

5. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a WINNER and his name is "CM Wolff"!

You're the man...THANKS for the coupon link...It's the "coupon" jackpot!

Chris C

6. CardinalFang

Awesome! Thanks CM. I already bought my DVD, but I'll keep those on hand for the future. :thumbsup:

7. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I got one for a 12-oz beverage I can send ya!

Oh...you're talking CD discounts, aren't ya...

8. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Those Borders coupons, at least the "30% off any item" are fake, and the booksellers at Borders stores know it. There's ways for them to tell, believe me. Prepare to be embarrassed at check-out!

9. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

I have used the coupons posted on that site (for Borders and others) for well over a year without issue. Unless Borders rejects them, I will continue to do so. Seems to me that Borders and other retailers would have already rejected these things if they were fake, as they do scan the UPC codes on the coupons. If anyone knows something to the contrary, of course post saying so. Again, I have not had problems with anything on that site whatsoever.

10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Not sure why this thread is in Off Topic.... moving to Coupons, Discounts & Sales.

:)

11. CardinalFang

Thanks Gary. I totally forgot about that forum!

12. Chris C

I've been using them too, for the past few months! I don't think that they are fakes, they are just getting them by having someone different sign up each month for the rewards program at Borders and then making a copy of THEIR coupon, for all of us to use. A bit dishonest...MAYBE...but so was their sucking buyers into a rewards program that rarely "REWARDS"!

Chris C

13. Frodis

Frodis New Member

Really? I've already earned 2 shopping days and have gotten a 25% coupon at least once a month plus for my birthday they sent me a 15% off coupon for anything in the store plus one for a free dessert, that coupled with the 2 free drink coupons I got last month I had a totally free cafe experience for both Reechie and myself plus a cheap CD.

Considering this program is free unlike the Waldenbooks one I had to pay $10 for every year (actually I think the last year I paid into that one it was $12, then they closed the Waldenbooks next to us so I never really used it). Also, Barnes & Noble charges $25 for theirs. So I think I've gotten my moneys worth out of it. ;)

The rewards program I'm not going to like the change on very much is the Best Buy one. I'm trying to get enough points together to get one last certificate before September.

14. Chris C

No doubt that you are getting much better treatment than I have, with the "rewards" program, at BORDERS! I agree that the good thing about "BORDERS" rewards program is, that it's free. It just doesn't seem that great to me, free or not. I'm glad that you and a few others are happy with the program!

As I was taking one of my final breath's at a local B&M store, I had a complete stranger the other day, make me smile and nearly cry, when he turned to his wife at BORDERS, while looking for a CD by The Average White Band and said "Honey, this selection sucks, it's all disorganized and I can't find ANYTHING", in which I HAD to turn and say to him..."Thank GOD that it isn't just me, that feels this way"! We both laughed and realized that since our store recently changed it's display of their CD's, that it has lost 40 to 50% of it's titles and worse, what's left, is in huge disarray. We also both understood our want to hold the product in our hands when we buy, rather than buy blindfolded via the internet! Only people that shop EVERY Tuesday will ever truly understand this plea of ours.

Chris C

15. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

16. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

17. Chris C

18. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Anyone have a current 30%-off-one-item coupon they'd like to share? Thanks!

19. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

20. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

Thanks!:righton:

21. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

nukevor, Borders actually e-mailed me one of those--I was shocked. Thanks for posting it, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.