Any Experience Buying from Northern Volume?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Xander2017, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander2017

Xander2017 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello,

I don't know how many people here are from Canada.

I was wondering if anyone has bought from Northern Volume . They have a Canada Day sale with 10% off, plus free shipping over $79.

Thinking of placing an order, and was hoping for some feedback.

Thanks for any help.
    Cheers,
    Brian

2. Xander2017

Just to update:
    I did place an order of three LPs, and their shipping was very fast, and securely packaged.
    I see they have another 10% sale going on again until the 17th.

3. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

I've ordered a lot from them. Very good to deal with. Had a couple of lp's that were factory defects and no problems with returns. They even paid return postage.

Xander2017 likes this.
  4. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

5. Xander2017

I saw that earlier today. I only bought from him once, but he was great to deal with that one time. Too bad.

6. That's a shame about NV closing down. I ordered twice from them and was pleased with their service. Quick shipping and well packaged.

7. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

I thought they were great. My only complaint was they often did not carry titles I was interested in. As for shipping from within Canada, at least we still have Amazon and MusicVaultz to buy records from. Still, it's a shame they are shutting down. I only bought about seven albums from them over the years but their service was good. Sad to see them go.

8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Their prices have always been much higher than other available sources. I therefore never had the pleasure of ordering through them.

9. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

I scored a copy of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' Kiss My Amps Live Vol. 2 for $31.95 from them last fall and I'm glad I did. It was worth every cent. They are going for at least double that now, if you can find one. Wish I could find a copy of Vol. 1 though.
    [​IMG]

10. Strat-Mangler

That's a different story. I bought the Speakers Corner pressing of Supertramp's Crime of the Century for 25$ CDN at the time and that record is worth 5x that amount, now. It doesn't really change that their prices were higher than other avenues I decided to use instead.

As for Vol1, it's out there but be ready to spend.

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Kiss My Amps Live (Vinyl) For Sale at Discogs Marketplace

11. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

I know, I've seen them out there. Way too high. I won't spend that much for any record. I'm happy with the download I got of it from Petty's Highway Companions fan club.

12. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Yeah, never really compared prices with other stores but whenever looking at their site the prices felt really high. Might be some good values now though if they are closing down.

I also agree with pseudopod that they often didn't have what I was looking for.

I did happen to buy inner sleeves from them once though - good experience.

13. Strat-Mangler

Even with the 10% off, the prices are still high. Little wonder why they went under.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.