Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasvidfil

lasvidfil Forum Resident Thread Starter

I started late getting into this show but I love it! I recently caught up with all the episodes online and find it consistently funny. Jim Parsons who plays Sheldon is my favorite. His performance is perfect. When he goes into one of his physics rants he makes it so believable. Kaley Cuocco as Penny is a terrific part of the cast. Very funny and damn hot.

Here's one of my favorite scenes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a15uBNoNik

2. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

I love the show!

Hope to catch the reruns as I've missed a lot of episodes.

Are the writers nerds or do they have nerds on retainer?

Only nerds can think of stuff like that. I know. It takes one to know one.

3. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Very funny show!!! I just read this show has been renewed for a second season by CBS ...:righton:

4. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Re the Superman physics, of course he's able to transfer momentum to another universe. It's the basics of warp speed and who can argue with that.

5. ericc2000

ericc2000 Forum Resident

Yep, I love this show.

6. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Great example of a show that was able to take an idea based in stereotypes and grow beyond it with sharply written character interactions. I actually dig the show quite a bit now instead of considering it a guilty pleasure as I did at the start.

7. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

What's this show about? I bought the theme song by "Barenaked Ladies" - it's awesome - but I didn't know anything about the show.

Jeff

8. crimsoncing

crimsoncing New Member

The only comdy I watch!!!!! Any one who wears a Green Lantern shirt is OK with Me.

9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It's a good show. One of the very few new ones this year.

I wondered how long the nerd thing could go without getting a parody of itself, but they've managed to keep the dialogue at a high enough level that it's still funny.

10. fergojisan

fergojisan Atari 2600 Gadabout

My wife bailed, but I'm still watching every week. Jim Parsons makes this show for me. I'm still having a hard time thinking of David from Roseanne as a brainiac.

11. bencasey

bencasey New Member

It's actually the only comedy I watch besides 30 Rock. I like it because it has more of the feel of a traditional sitcom rather than that of a modern one. And Kaley is gorgeous, not in a Hollywood 25 pounds underweight way either.

12. Senn20

Senn20 Forum Resident

Yep, I like it.

13. applecakes

applecakes viva la vinyl

the Terminator talk last night was hilarious ..

14. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident

...as was Sheldon's "improved" lie.

15. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Hot young waitress moves in across the hall from two grad student science nerds. One guy is just socially awkward, the other is completely awkward, self-centered and hysterically litteral on every matter imaginable. For instance, he will often answer rhetorical questions.

16. Dr. Weber

Dr. Weber New Member

...the twist was that the "dumb blonde" followed the convolutions...

17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I saw this once or twice and thought it was a mix of broad, obvious jokes and obnoxious canned laughter, just like every other CBS sitcom (How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men etc.)

MrGrumpy likes this.
  18. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I love it. Most of the reviews I've read have trashed it, but it makes me laugh out loud. I'm not sure what that says, though...

19. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Found this:

The show distinguishes itself by being unafraid to toss scientific references and technobabble into an otherwise standard sitcom, even employing a physicist to keep things accurate. In doing so, it allows Sheldon and Leonard to do for science what Frasier's Crane brothers did for fine dining, art, and opera.

Ignatius likes this.
  20. lasvidfil

Great news! I was afraid it would be a 1 season wonder. Already waiting for the DVD! Blu Ray would be too much to hope for.

21. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

It's only the new show I watch since the season's start.

22. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

Kaley as Penny is much better in this show than she was in the last season of "Charmed". But then, she has less to do beyond looking cute. Although, they are expanding the character as they go along, which helps.
    I love how Sheldon is both totally oblivious to Penny and deathly afraid of her at the same. As in the time he was obsessive-compulsive about cleaning up her messy apartment... in the middle of the night.

23. lasvidfil

After watching some of the older shows, i noticed a couple of Rosanne reunions for Johnny Galecki when they had Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf on the show. How long before Rosanne herself shows up? I think John Goodman's a little past sitcoms to be on.

24. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

So far the Wife and I love it :laugh:

Glad to hear that there will be a second series :righton:

25. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Love it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.