Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Three more years? I don't think I can watch three more years of this. It''s become increasingly more a chore the last few already.

3. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

soundboy likes this.
  4. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

The show was renewed for 3 more years....which leads to the signing of the 3 lead actors for 3 years. And I think that would be it for the show.

5. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

How is fair that other two original cast members Heldberg and Kuyanar get get less.
    if wasn't for Heldberg aka Howard the show would nowhere be as funny.
    You got also think how much will their agent get of that million dollars
    per ep plus taxes . At least with friends that all... got a Million per ep toward the end
    This salary hike, will likely piss off the other cast members .
    The Show won't be same behind closed doors.

6. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

And Nayyar gets a lot less than Heldberg!

7. His Masters Vice

His Masters Vice W.C. Fields Forever

We don't know what Helberg and Kunal Nayyar will be getting, because they haven't re-signed yet - however, I think it's safe to say it will be a lot more than they were getting. As long as they get an increase - why should they be mad at the others? The three main actors were always on more than Helberg and Nayyar - somehow they've managed to get through seven years so far without problems.

8. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Unlike a number of posters in this thread, I find TBBT to be MUCH better than the the first years. I gave it a chance upon initial release but found the Sheldon character to be just too annoying to be put up with. It could be argued that "DUH, that's the whole point!" and that the actor is doing a tremendous job, but just too annoying for me. About 4 months ago I decided to give it another chance and watched a couple of recent episodes. What a difference! Parsons and Galecki have stayed the same, though the writing, for them as well as the rest of the cast ,has improved tremendously. Helberg has improved, but the biggest improvement has been for Nayyar. He has really blossomed. And speaking of blossom, Bialik is the best actor/actress on the show. Always look forward to her performance.

9. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Helberg and Nayyar should be considered leads as well. They're getting screwed, IMO.

"FINALLY cash in?" They were each earning over $8 million per season, plus a cut of the revenues.

rburly likes this.
  10. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

$30 Million Dollars a year to star in a TV show? Absolute bullsh*t.

No wonder reality shows are taking over.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    sound chaser likes this.
  11. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

On broadcast TV, yes. But on high end cable networks like AMC, HBO and Showtime? Not to mention Netflix and Hulu? No.

12. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I resisted this show for several years; I (often wrongly) am off-put by something that seems so trendy and mainstream. But I finally started watching it from the beginning a couple of years ago, and it was pretty good.

But it's definitely more difficult to maintain enthusiasm for the show now. It is very much more like "Friends" now. The "nerdy" references early in the series have been sort of "dumbed down" in more recent seasons, and they eventually fell into the rut of making the same gender-based jokes every other sitcom does.

My biggest complain is that Galecki's Leonard character went from nerdy and a funny companion to Sheldon to simply being pissy and mean. I was actually a fan of Galecki's when he was on "Roseanne"; he did a great and subtle job with that character. But I wonder if maybe Galecki's acting chops simply can't handle emotions such "flustered" or "exasperated", and so on. There's no subtlety. He doesn't seem flustered with Sheldon. He just immediately seems like a total a-hole.

sound chaser likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

more information revealed in this article

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theorys-big-bucks-723652

Under the pact, the trio — who negotiated together, with Parsons receiving added incentives thanks to his three Emmy wins — will receive a boost in backend from 0.25 percent to 1.25 percent. Parsons (CAA, Principal, Gang Tyre), Galecki (WME,Management 360, Hansen Jacobson) and Cuoco (SDB, Brillstein, Hansen Jacobson) also will receive producing pacts. All told, the new deals could earn the stars $100 million each over three years if Big Bang continues to perform on CBS and in syndication, where it is a cash cow for Warner Bros. TV Group president and chief content officer Peter Roth.

Meanwhile, co-stars Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar's new deals grant them 80 percent of the salary that Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco will receive in the upcoming eighth season, which escalates to put them on par with the the trio's $1 million an episode pay in season 10. The duo also will receive the same cut of the show's ownership as the leading trio do — 1.25 percent, up from 0.25 percent in their previous deals.

14. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

It's not so bad to be a sickkick :agree:

15. joefont

joefont Senior Member

What's the situation with Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik?

16. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

what is a 'sickkick"?

17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Haha....sorry about that.

18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

They were signed on a different contract cycle, but I imagine their contracts will be up within the next 3 years.

19. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

well...it could be appropriate at this point in the series!

I'm a big fan - but the later episodes do seem to misfire.

There are glimpses of the earlier 'genious' of the writing from time to time - keeps me tuning in.

20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I never got into to this show but it sure seems to be popular judging by all the channels the syndicated reruns are shown on.

21. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

Wow, I don't see that at all. Most of the humour between the 2 of them is how frustrated Leonard is with Sheldon.

I do agree with you though that the show is heading towards "Friends" territory.

22. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I guess the problem that arises for me at a certain point is that, even though we have to suspend disbelief (people this annoying and condescending and sometimes mean would not stay together in a grouping necessarily), the "Leonard" character has to either actually "accept" how Sheldon is or actually, really boot him out of his life (which isn't happening, and nobody wants of course; that's the whole show). So while his frustration is more than understandable, his level of frustration and being mean as portrayed through Galecki's acting ends up making him look like the a-hole, because often the only reason someone keeps another person in their life who frustrates and annoys them *that* much are people who are doing it simply to have someone to berate and yell at and be an a-hole to.

But mainly, more than trying to overanalyze the near non-plot of most sitcoms, I just think it's Galecki's acting. As I mentioned, I like him in this show and he was hilarious and subtle on "Roseanne." But he doesn't emote "annoyed" well or in a funny fashion. He just seems mean and cranky and whiney, and to the degree such shows require even a tiny bit of empathy towards such one-dimensional characters, "Leonard" isn't getting it. He's the straight man now, and he played the "geek" in early seasons much better.

rburly likes this.
  23. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I watched the first episode of the new season. I tried not to like it but by the end they wore me down. Good start.

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Both new eps were terrific. Good to see the gang back again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.