Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

2. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I have noticed that they are reusing facts. Last night's episode reused Fig Newtons are named after Newton Massachusetts not Isaac Newton. I think they have used Shrodinger's Cat a couple of times.

There are also inconsistencies in stories/character attributes. In an early episode Sheldon was allergic to cats. In a later episode he has a clowder - including Sazzles.

Tired of coitus.

Preferred Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting with longer hair.

I still like the show, but it has lost some of its edge.

rburly likes this.
  3. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

My favorite "funniest moment" on this show was this classic line from Raj (Note: If you haven't seen this episode, Raj is at the comic book store and has just given a pep speech to all of these other "losers", about how they aren't really losers and then seconds later this girl appears and says that she'll go have coffee with him and as he walks out of the store says the following ...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujhXb1o0IeA

I honestly can't remember the last time that I laughed so hard at such a simple joke, but my wife and I must have backed that DVR up twenty times laughing our a$$es off!

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Same here. The fact that she cut off her gorgeous blonde locks is a crime against nature.
    Her hotness factor is now a mere fraction of what it once was. :(

applebonkerz, rockclassics and tonyc like this.
  5. Chris C

Another "favorite moment" of this show for me, is around the one minute mark of this clip (Thanks Penny!!!) (Note: Raj's response seeing this, is almost as brilliant!)

rockclassics likes this.
  6. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Wasn't there a show some years ago where the female lead cut off her long hair, the ratings dropped, and that was the last season of the show? Can't remember the show or the actress.

7. htom

htom Senior Member

Felicity, and the actress was Keri Russell. Her appearance in "Mission impossible III" seemed ironic given JJ Abrams directed that one...

rockclassics likes this.
  8. rockclassics

That is the one I was thinking of.

I believe some contracts for actresses in a TV series have clauses that say they cannot significantly change their look without prior permission from the show's producers. Obviously, that was not the case with The Big Bang. Of course, all of the actors in The Big Bang have contracts for the next several years so what would the producers do? Fire her? I don't think so.

9. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

With hair extensions they could easily change her look back if they felt it was necessary.

MLutthans likes this.
  10. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

It was nice to see Stephen Root

11. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Yes, always nice to see him. He was also on Hot In Cleveland a couple of weeks ago. Dave Foley was on the same episode so it was a little Newsradio reunion.

Keith V likes this.
  12. colinu

I can't believe I'm writing about an actress's hair - and I instigated it!

First off, it is hair. It usually grows back.

Second thing, it may be a new more mature Penny. She landed a new job.

panasoffkee likes this.
  13. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

And there are people who like short hair.....

L.

14. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I enjoyed the back to back episodes. All of the actors are great in their roles.

15. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

[​IMG] Howard: Relax. No one’s going to be looking at her hair. Ow! I mean, ow.

16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Felicity's haircut came at the beginning of the second season, and the show ran for four complete seasons. Keri never looked better than she did in season one, but her short hair still was better on her than it is on Kaley. :sigh: :shake:

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Looks like the returning TBBT has garnered some impressive numbers: nearly 18 million viewers and a 5.4 demo rating.

Just think what the numbers would have been if Penny didn't cut her hair! :)

18. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

:shtiphat::shtiphat:

19. Chris C

Well, seeing that she and the rest of the "main" characters just signed up for a cool $1,000,000 per episode, maybe she felt that she could finally afford a new doo? Speaking of "hair", I just saw that "Friends" is celebrating their 20th birthday of airing their first episode. Remember when the world was all about "The Rachel" ???

20. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

I've enjoyed tbbt since the beginning, still do.

21. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I didn't even realize that Season 7 was just released on DVD/BR last week... I'll have to pick it up.

22. colinu

OK - maybe it just me but I get a pregnant vibe from Kaley - loose fitting clothes.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I didn't think the two new episodes last week were very good. And Penny looks a decade older with that awful hair.

rockclassics and Jerryb like this.
  24. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I think it's time to fess up that a lot of people complaining about Penny's hair ONLY watched the show for the jiggle factor. Not that she jiggles much with the implants, but hey...

:winkgrin:

rockclassics likes this.
  25. rockclassics

Ok I'll admit it. A blonde with long hair always catches my attention.

I have to think that the ratings are going to drop as a result of her short hair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.