Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Stuart is the show's Eeyore. Not in a good way.

MikaelaArsenault and musicfan37 like this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Howard did a perfect Stuart impression - quite funny.

3. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Wow, what a downer of a thread. I love the show and the characters. I could definitely see them hanging around each other for s decade. Sheldon may drive them all crazy, but he is the alpha nerd of the group and nerds do give deference to the smartest guy in the room. I've been in Howard's position of having my career path being the least respected of my peer group. I still hung out with my friends for over a decade. Politics and children are probably the main wedge that made our close friendship difficult to maintain. Neither of those things have impacted the Big Bang group yet, babies don't count against friendships too much until you have to drive them around to a bazillion soccer and baseball games.

Benno123 likes this.
  4. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I somewhat agree. I have been very critical of the show a few seasons ago. I think the show is now better than that but far from the early years. I read all the comments about the last episode before watching it and found it a lot better than the reviews here. I would consider most current episodes passable and every once in awhile they capture the old magic and create something special. It's going to be on as long as the cast wants to make money. But, I'm nowhere near the point of not watching altogether. And it is nowhere near the end of "Two And A Half Men" territory.

shaboo and Dr. Pepper like this.
  5. Dr. Pepper

In case it hasn't been mentioned you can get a box set of seasons 1-9 complete on blu-ray for around $50 at Amazon. An insane deal.

6. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I haven't caught up with the last episode but I agree that there have been some moments that echo the old magic. They are peppered throughout episodes so, unlike the earlier years, say up to S04, you don't get one great episode, but rather a few moments here and there instead. I find myself enjoying this season more than the last one. And yes, nowhere near the end of "Two And A Half Men" territory.

tonyc likes this.
  7. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I'm working my way through this on Netflix. Priya and Emily are deeply annoying.

sound chaser and eddiel like this.
  8. Dr. Pepper

I'll revise that statement now. Wow, what an awesome thread! This thread gives you real time opinions about the show from it's inception. Can you imagine a thread like this if it existed when MASH was in in initial run. You could get folks impressions of the leaving of Henry Blake, Trapper,and Frank Burns as it happened. In the case of Big Bang Theory, we can go back and see how folks felt about the addition of Amy and Bernadette.

Currently I'm watching reruns of season three and reading about what folks here thought of the episodes from page 8 of this thread, pretty awesome.

shaboo and eddiel like this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The internet never forgets! :)

10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Love that video!

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  11. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I really wish they'd give Raj and Stewart real relationships. Their perpetual loser status is tiring. I wouldn't miss Howard and Bernadette if they left the show.

Keith V likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

no chance of that happening given how much $$$$$$$ they all make per episode, they won the lottery, grab the loot for two more years and you're more than set

14. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

Well, that was the whole point. Nobody, especially Penny, Bernadette or Amy, bought her act except Raj who is a gullible sap. The girlfriend did it, not because she was sincerely sad, but because she is manipulative and downright mean.

15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

If Raj was being gullible it was by choice. He knew what the whole thing meant...more sex! No one is that stupid. But why would she have to be mean and manipulative to get him into bed? It would be rather easy. In addition, why would she want to? I don't believe that she would even bother.

Anyway, his show pushes the bounds of believability when it comes to these guys and their girlfriends most of the time, so maybe I shouldn't bother thinking about what is and isn't believable. :laugh:

16. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

She wasn't being mean and manipulative to get him in bed; she was doing so because it's fun to do it to Raj. How else can you explain this:

Start at 1:24.

Raj can't face the thought of telling either girl that it's over. Emily, being the manipulative and mean and yet fiery redhead that she is, plays it for all it's worth!

By the way, I think this is just awesome:

The Big Bang Theory - Emily Or Cinnamon

17. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It's sad, it's renewed for two more seasons it will end horribly like
    Two and Half Men... Chuck, needs to retire he's running on fumes...
    I would of hoped Big Bang would of ended this year as the quality of the show
    has gone down the crapper a handful of semi good shows doesn't
    mean there should be 22 episodes of useless story lines..
    Bored characters.. Friends part 2? redux?
    Sadly all this show is about is dollars signs $$$$ and sexual content..
    everything else about this show died along time ago..

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  18. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

All This

19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Like every other tv show. And if they're making money (with all the expenses), it means the show is still hugely popular.

I would agree that the show is a little tired, which is inevitable after so many seasons, but I still find a few things in each episode that tickles my funny bone, if not the entire episode (like it once used to).

eddiel, turnersmemo and BGLeduc like this.
  20. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Yes.. sadly it is ..I don't get attached to tv shows anymore..
    The Big Bang is recycles it own stories and past chuck lorre series..
    Money can't everything some think it can..

21. htom

htom Senior Member

What?

22. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah I'm not sure how they can drag this out for two more seasons. I thought ending it on the 10th would be too soon and would feel rushed but with one more season, they'd have enough time to tie up everyones story lines and close it off with a decent sendoff. But like, Deesky says, there are still things I find in each episode that are funny, so hopefully it won't get as bad as Two and a Half Men! As long as it doesn't get worse, I'll still tune in.

23. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

I haven't. I can't stand the character, and she was a major reason I stopped watching three or four years ago.

24. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

When I see the few episodes where Sara Rue plays Leonard's girlfriend, I want to yell at the TV: 'What's wrong with you! She's a super cute redhead with huge boobs! And she's a DOCTOR, so she'll make at least 200 grand eventually and she'll probably actually like Science Fiction and you can talk about your bench research at fake Cal Tech and she'll likely know exactly what you're talking about! I mean, Penny is hot all but, really, what's the problem, here? Close the deal and move on.'

* sorry, always had a thing for Sara Rue...

25. I will predict more babies/weddings during the next two years. It's "Cousin Oliver" time . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.