Any fans of "The Voice?"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Nostaljack, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

It's a little scary how good Jordan is. I think if the winner were to be declared this week, he'd take it. But I've seen enough of these singing competitions to know that the early front runner often doesn't win. Instead, it's one of the contestants who shows great improvement. And I don't see how Jordan can improve on last night's performance. He was unbelievable.

One final comment: Is everyone on the show going to act like Gwen and Blake aren't dating? :D

2. Monosterio

Celeste Betton is unFREAKINGbelievable. So glad she was brought back.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes. The whole group is really good this year, no one makes me cringe.

4. Monosterio

Strangely, one of the weakest performers last night was Evan, who was one of my favorites early on. And I say strangely because he performed the song that got him so much positive feedback in the blind auditions: Stevie Wonder's "Overjoyed." Before last night I thought he would cruise to the final stages of the competition, but now I fear he may go tonight. It's not good when, out of 12 contestants, you're the only one criticized.

5. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I just wanted to say that Gwen Stephani looks incredible. I don't watch the show but yesterday I was flipping the channels and couldn't take my eyes off her.

She just got divorced?

6. Lonson

Blake has cornered her already. Believe it or not.

7. Monosterio

I'm thinking Gwen looks especially luminous at the moment thanks to the Blakester. :D

8. Monosterio

The only calls I'm happy with are Braiden Sunshine (Gwen's team -- would rather have seen Viktor Kiraly go through) and Evan McKeel (Pharrell's team -- would rather have seen any of the ousted three go through instead). I'm fine with the rest. Lots of big losses, though -- especially on Pharrell's team. Oh well...

9. Monosterio

Sorry, meant to say "unhappy with"...

10. Lonson

I am SO Glad Amy Vachal made the cut. . . thank you Adam.

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault and Monosterio like this.
  11. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I wish a couple different people would have gotten through, but overall, I like the ones that did, save Blake's team, but that is more because of personal music preferences.

12. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Overall, this week's live performances have left me rather disappointed. Mostly since I thought the initial (recorded) rounds were so spectactular, with very few missteps from anyone. The live shows display many more flaws in nearly everyone's performances. Even (one of my favs) Jordan's "Halo" hit a few peaks that grated on my ears. One notable exception was Madi Davis, who's rendition of Fleetwood Mac's "Songbird" was just about perfect, and the overall winner this week, imo.

I agree that it was great to see Celeste back. Her loss was one of the biggest travesties of the initial rounds.

Amy Vachal does nothing for me vocally.

13. Monosterio

She sings?

As good as this season is, I'm ready to call the finale (though not the winner): Jordan Smith, Barrett Baber and Jeffery Austin. I'll be shocked if anyone else makes the final three.

EDIT: All right, maybe, maybe Madi Davis. But I don't see it.

14. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

I pretty much agree with your choices on the previous post except I like Braiden he is very good, talented, and I would preferred Victor also over Jeff. Adam's team is good also glad he picked Amy Vashal and yes she sings unfortunately there are not enough of us older folks watching that appreciate that type of singing anymore. Pharrell's team really got hammered Evan over Celeste was just wrong IMO. Even Mark over her was not a good pick either.
    For Blake's team Zack got advanced with his Elvis imitation not his singing should have been Ivonne again IMO.

Jim

15. Monosterio

Yeah, I'm curious to see how Zach holds up the next couple of weeks. He hadn't made much of an impression on me before this week.

With Amy I was joking that I hadn't got past her looks to notice what she does. Whether or not one likes her singing (and I do), one thing's for sure: She has the perfect look for the type of music she sings.

Evan was really impressive at first but seems to have gotten a little weaker each week. He may shine again, though.

16. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

Yes Amy's singing is golden and I totally agree that her looks and dress match the type of singing a torch singer of bygone era. Peggy Lee, Julie London, Nancy Wilson etc.

Jim

17. Monosterio

I was disappointed with tonight's show until just now when I heard Jeffery. This guy is definitely headed for the finale.

EDIT: Evan McKeel was spectacular tonight. Big, big comeback for him. :righton:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  18. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Jeffery was very good. Didn't like Jordan's song tonight at all.

19. Monosterio

I thought Jordan was good, but is he going to get a freaking standing ovation from all four coaches every single week? Jeffery was just as good if not better, yet only Gwen stood for him tonight, IIRC.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  20. Bobby Buckshot

I don't get it either. Kind of weird actually. Neither the song nor the performance did anything for me, but obviously I know nothing after watching all the histrionics over that.

21. Bobby Buckshot

And whoa, this country song is waaay off key.

22. Monosterio

Yeah, Zach needs to go back to the Elvis stuff next week -- and I'll bet anything he will. I'm sticking with Jeffery and Evan as my favorites tonight.

23. Bobby Buckshot

Overall a disappointing bunch of songs. Hope they come back better next week.

MikaelaArsenault and Monosterio like this.
  24. Lonson

I liked Jordan's hymn, I'm glad he did that. It was the best time for him to do so, he's not going anywhere.

I worry about Amy's chances, though I liked her reworking of that song (sort of song).

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  25. Monosterio

Based on America's voting last week, I think Mark Hood has the most to fear. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.