Any good Used CD stores in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by ynnek4, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident Thread Starter

hi

going to the city (atlanta) sometime this week. any good places i should hit for used cds?

thanks for any info! :righton:

2. sjc

sjc New Member

Just moved from Atlanta.. My favorites over the past few years are:

Tower Records- The Atlanta store started carrying used cds about a year or so ago and I have consistently found buried treasures among the stock.

Disc Go Round- The closest one I know of is their Cumberland location which is near 75 and 285 at the upper north west corner of city loop. I picked up an RCA Ziggy there about a month ago so good stuff does show up.

In the area around Emory University, the following three are within a mile of each other and have some good used stock:

Wuxtry
    Book Nook
    Ella Guru

As always, timing is everything when it comes to used cd shopping. I had almost given up on one place (now closed) after months of nothing, when I walked in and found a silver Mofi Year of the Cat for $7.00..... Hope this gives you some ideas.... steve c

3. jpgettes

jpgettes Senior Member

Criminal Records and Wax 'n Facts are both located in Little Five Points. They usually have a huge selection of used cds.

4. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

Actually both of these have a pretty small used CD section - wax n facts is good for vinyl.

5. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident Thread Starter

thanks for the replies guys.

i will have to check these out!

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I went to college in Athens and lived in Atlanta for about two years later on. I was back in town last month, and spent most of my record-shopping time and $$$ at Fantasyland Records on Peachtree Street in Buckhead. They have a solid used vinyl section and, I think, used CDs as well. I'm not sure, because I'm a lot more interested in used vinyl than used CDs, so I headed straight for the vinyl bins and didn't look back. ;) Still, a great record store, with some interesting "grey-market" items :shh:, if you're into that sort of thing.

If you have time, you should take the hour and a half drive to Athens, which has several great record stores of its own.

7. alugjk

alugjk Senior Member

I agree with pretty much everything that's been said in this thread but just wanted to point out a couple things:

The Disc-Go-Rounds are now known as CD Warehouses

And Ella Guru is a very cool store. The guy who runs it is very clearly a music fan first and foremost. (No vinyl there though.)

-George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.