Any good used vinyl stores in Sacramento, California?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by john lennonist, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY... Thread Starter

I will be passing through Sacramento, California during the holidays, and will have a couple of hours to spare while my mother visits a friend.

Anyone know of any good/great used vinyl stores in the eastern section of town (near Charmichael)?

Thanks.

2. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Not many in East Sacramento, but there is one or two you can find in the Yellow pages, mostly in midtown. You can also visit Tower Records #1 and #2, in addition to 3 other Tower records (Florin Mall, Watt Ave and Sunrise Mall).

3. JMT

JMT Senior Member

The Beat: 17th and J Street (far and away the best vinyl store in Sacto)

Dimple Records: Santa Clara and Douglas (Roseville) / Arden Way (Sacramento)

Esoteric Records: El Camino and Yorktown (across the street from County Club Centre)

When you get into town, if you want directions let me know.

4. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

You will want to go The Beat - it is as good as LA for vinyl. Just a few blocks from the Capitol.

5. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

That's it, thanks for the recall. The Beat is the one to see. I went there many times when I was at UC Davis.

6. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

I concur. If you have time for only one store, The Beat is the place to go, period.

The original Tower Records store is at 16th & Broadway, but it's a run-of-the-mill Tower store, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.