DCC Archive Any info on the new Who - complete LAL?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Richard, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Well yeah, if you check Pete's website you can read his very defensive (and confused) response to the criticism of the new LAL. He seems unwilling (or unable) to comprehend that the problem is caused by his (ex) brother-in-law's incompetence.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I sincerely think, although I admire the man immensely and have tremedous respect for his desicions, that he should seek out this bootleg, CDR or otherwize, and take a close listen to it and his fans. There's something incredibly wrong to the sound of an edited and overcorrected LALC, as the real deal will only exist in the hearts of true fans from the way the bootleg sounds. I think I join in the feeling as others were hoping for the main sound, feel and content of the bootleg would reach others who may not be as privilidged.

With that, the man may feel very tight and indebted to Jon Astley as a freind and family member contrary to what most of us might think. Pete may have a level of respect for his older material that would also be quite high, but not as high as the "real" fans do.

Pete: "I understand too that many of you who buy bootlegs, and who are complaining about tone quality on the new CD, are audiophiles, and - often - audio experts. I don't want to appear haughty or imperious about all this. I accept you annoying assholes know better than I do in many areas."

I didn't know that we were that horrible. Bah.

Can you see the real me, Pete?

Can ya?

Pretty please?

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Having read Pete Townshend's post, I don't think he was taking that big a swipe at the audiophiles who were criticizing the current Live At Leeds release.

I purchased the Live at Leeds deluxe reissue, and listened to the Tommy set as I drove out to Long Island this past weekend. I thought it sounded ok -- not as good as the '95 mix of the non-Tommy material. I think that those people who don't obsess over sound quality and edits (which, admittedly, excludes nearly everyone who frequents this web site) will have no problem with this set. My biggest gripe isn't the sound quality, but the omission of Spoonful -- now THAT pisses me off.

4. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

Just purchased the remixed LAL with the complete Tommy portion.
    I compared disc 1 with '95 issue and I feel that the sound quality is close with the new version being a bit more upfront..Bass and guitar closer in level to Keith's Drums.
    The 2nd disc doesn't sound quite as good as disc one. Some phasiness on first few cuts, but improves slightly as disc progresses.
    I would be interested to hear the "Boot" for comparisons sake.
    Anyone got a copy that I could dub to CDR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.