Any Let's Active fans here?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Victor/Victrola, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenJ

KenJ Forum Resident

I picked up the NEW Mitch Easter today....very pleased! yes the master is loud but the songs are better than expected...seems to have a lot of the elements that made me love LET's ACTIVE along with some fresh sounds....

I remember seeing Let's Active live several time and have some autographed playlists when my friends band opened a show....back when Sara Romwebber was drummer...

THE NEW Mitch gets 4 stars from AMG

2. JeffN727

JeffN727 Forum Resident

I just finished spinning R.E.M.'s Murmur, and Reckoning, which were both produced by Mitch Easter.
    :edthumbs:
    :cool:

3. KenJ

KenJ Forum Resident

Yep....a legend of 80's jangle pop & 80's college radio...I really like the CONNELLS which is another Southeast band with mitch production.

I had given Mitch up for production so I'm thrilled with this new solo...usually I don't like reunion or new albums from artists I liked 20+ years ago but this seems to break the mold (I have liked others....MoB, Soft Boys two mention to good come backs).

4. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

The band name came from a badly-translated text from Japanese into English. Mitch reportedly saw it and liked it.

Too bad the YouTube vids have been pulled because of the Viacom suit. IMHO, the lawsuit is bulls*** because Viacom has NOT made any of these commercially available, so it's not like Sumner Redneck is losing any cash because of YouTube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.