Any Lizzo fans?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wired4Fun, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’m really digging her whole sound. L’il Kim meets Jennifer Hudson with some Bruno Mars beats. She’s a powerhouse, and I love her album front to back.

Any other fans?

Wish they’d release her album on vinyl, but the CD sounds nice. A few songs are a little shrill sounding for my audio tastes, but overall, it’s fantastic with great production values. The bass in “Tempo” is a little overdone but I tame it with EQ.

Anyway... why say you?

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

She certainly has talent and her album, which I quickly skipped through, sounded solid for anybody who digs her style of music.

It looks like Urban Outfitters had an exclusive vinyl release of "Cuz I Love You", but it appears to be sold out!

Wired4Fun likes this.
  3. guy1

guy1 Forum Resident

Lizzo is great! Her set at Glastobury was a highlight - she worked that crowd! Would love her album on vinyl.

3coloursbeige and Wired4Fun like this.
  4. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

She's fantastic, but I genuinely never thought in a billion years that I'd see a thread on her here!

5. Wired4Fun

Trying to have more conversations about current artists of all genres.

I have the same love for Zeppelin and The Beatles etc. as most here do, but it gets tiring, and the truth is I listen to a ton of Hip Hop, Rap, Pop, Punk, EDM, and more, alongside my Johnny Cash, Police, Pearl Jam, Simon & Garfunkel...

So I thought I’d discuss Lizzo :)

I think she’s dynamite.

6. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Thank you for starting this :D

7. dee_jay_steve

dee_jay_steve Active Member

Just picked up a used copy of the Urban Outfitters vinyl release, all instrumentation sounds full and awesome but unfortunately I think the hole is not centered... tonearm wobbles like crazy and there's tons of distortion on the vocals. Wish there were more readily available copies.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  8. Wired4Fun

That’s a shame :(
    I’d love to find a copy...

9. ScaryMercedes

ScaryMercedes Forum Residents

I saw her opening for HAIM last year at Radio City... she stole the show. Really amazing. I'm glad "Truth Hurts" is getting some serious airplay now; it's over a year old now, so I guess it was a sleeper hit.

ibekeen, Elliottmarx and Wired4Fun like this.
  10. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

Blame it on the Juice!

11. Wired4Fun

I like the whole album. Just a great listen front to back!

Elliottmarx likes this.
  12. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Not my usual bag, but Juice is a great track. Lizzo's got some talent, and you could power a mid-sized city with her exuberance.

Elliottmarx and Wired4Fun like this.
  13. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

I love her. I’d never heard of her until her latest album was released and I heard ‘Tempo’. I could not find the CD in Australia so had to order it from overseas. I love the album and have had it in constant rotation since it arrived. The woman can sing and rap and has a soul sound that at times reminds me of both James Brown and Aretha Franklin. I would love this album on vinyl!

Elliottmarx and pghmusiclover like this.
  14. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

When she was in Germany, a late night show here did a quasi music video for one of her tracks. This deserves more popularity, imo:

3coloursbeige and Elliottmarx like this.
  15. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Forum Resident

I discovered her recently. I immediately put Juice into my 'guilty pleasures' playlist as a really catchy song, but wish to learn more. I'll listen to an album or so today.

Elliottmarx and pghmusiclover like this.
  16. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

Lizzo's jazz flute tribute to Ron Burgundy (also featuring one of the Haim sisters):

Dayfold and pghmusiclover like this.
  17. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Thank you for starting this thread! I love Lizzo and her latest album! I’m also hoping there’s a more readily available vinyl release forthcoming...

18. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

Never mind the guilty, just file it under pleasure :cheers:

19. Hun43rd

Hun43rd Active Member

Great artist

Wired4Fun likes this.
  20. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

21. rlp

rlp Forum Resident

Can't wait to see her in performance.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  22. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Lizzo is absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite thing in 2019. Her album Cuz I Love You is just about perfect - it just feels so good. Great production; fun, really positive lyrics, and music that is infectiously memorable and singalongable. Juice is simply a classic song. I have a ticket to see her in October, really looking forward to that show. I really love that album!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  23. ibekeen

ibekeen Forum Resident

She's great. A must see in concert. Talked to her after the show and she was really down to earth. Been around for years and now finally getting noticed.

BeatleJWOL and DesertHermit like this.
  24. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Yep. I know streaming is where it's at but surely there's enough interest in her album on vinyl

pghmusiclover likes this.
  25. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

She's great. She is going to go far, way further than her big breakout hit (Juice) methinks. Going to see her live in October, can't wait!

Wired4Fun likes this.