Any love for The Beatles CAPITOL albums CD's ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Baba Oh Really, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

lol Just hit me my box came with an extra book written in Japanese.
    Yeah, my Vol I sleeves are normal size.
    About the same size in length and width as any cd case or sleeve.
    But the Help! which I got used, which is part of Vol II, is smaller and only about the same size as the disc.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

No... all the same size..what is the UPC number on your Vol 1 box? What I'm guessing is you have the Japanese Edition of VOL 1 without the OBI...

LOL! I did not see your post above...so you have your answer! cool...

3. Michael

did you notice the quarter inch space from the top where there's a blank ring on each CD?

4. Price.pittsburgh

A blank ring?

5. beatstonemargo

beatstonemargo Forum Resident

I think you answered your own question on the duplication comment as well...the UK mixes "are considered canon now".

6. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Anything that's ever been officially released should be considered "canon". The fact that there are multiple mixes and masters out there doesn't make some of them magically go away.

7. Price.pittsburgh

My point from the start. As I've said on many occasions. Capitol was their legal and official representative in the states. I like your point about them not magically going away. That's what sort of happened with the release of the cds in 87. Then the Capitol boxes sort of made them legit again by them existing in the cd era, then they fell aside again, especially with the 2009 remasters becoming official versions. That's one thing I will give the 2014 US album box and individual releases. They at least put those Capitol titles, covers and versions out there again. Of course only after cds are less relevant now. The download stores and streaming services only recognize the UKs.

8. Tero

Tero Forum Resident

The boxes were OK, though I rearranged my own 80 minue CDs.

Yeaterday and Today makes an interesting "compilation". I don't have the mono box, so these gave me some idea of mono, but only fold downs. The second set improved on that. But I eventually got 4 mono UK albums and some mono LPs.

9. Price.pittsburgh

Another thing is that the official record sales (million upon millions) and chart positions ( mostly #1) in the states were largely due to the unique Capitol titles and/or versions. If someone wants them to just go away they can't have it both ways by then boasting about how many # 1 albums and millions of LPs in the states were sold by the band, and adding those figures to the global stats.

10. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Exactly...all the mixes are 'canon': the UK mixes, the US mixes, the '87 Help! and Rubber Soul remixes...s--t, might as well toss in the Yellow Submarine Songtrack and maybe even the Love remixes in there for good measure...

11. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

It would probably be fair to say that Jensen normalized the volume of the tracks on some of the albums, but he didn't boost the volume by using compression.

Shak Cohen and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  12. beatstonemargo

beatstonemargo Forum Resident

No argument here on that point, but unfortunately, convincing those who make the decisions is probably not about to happen. :confused:

13. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Good arguments. Speaking of British versions forced upon us, they did it again with the 2014 US CD box set, using “most” of the mixes from the 2009 CDs.

My overall preference is the 2009 UK stereo CDs, but I love listening to the Capitol CD Box sets for s***s & giggles! Mainly the 2 songs “She’s A Woman” & “I Feel Fine” in the Dexterized versions are really cool. I bought the 2014 US CD box set from Amazon, and thankfully cancelled before it shipped. Rip-off!!!

bluemooze, mooseman and Michael like this.
  14. Michael

smart move my friend...they didn't fool you. LOL...

15. Michael

Ted did a fabulous job! if only he did VOLUME 3! lost forever...

Lownote30 likes this.
  16. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

What would you think a 'volume 3' would contain?
    The beave

17. Michael

ohnothimagen said:

I want to say the stereo and mono Capitol Albums vols. 1 and 2 utilized the original mixes, so, again, you get a bit of all of the above. That's what I never understood about the 2014 versions: how f--king hard would it have been to simply duplicate the Capitol Albums versions for the individual CD's? Instead we got nine times outta ten the original British mixes in the US running order...FAIL:thumbsdow

very easy and would have been the proper thing to do...BUT, they want to erase the Capitol versions and keep everything tidy from now on...as they said in print...The American albums are now history... pages they ripped out of the US ALBUMS Beatles legacy forever....
    FAIL... INDEED!

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    bluemooze and mooseman like this.
  18. Michael

Introducing the Beatles
    A Hard Day's Night Soundtrack
    The Beatles Story
    Yesterday & Today
    Hey Jude

a dream for me...

DmitriKaramazov and Al Kuenster like this.
  19. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Y Not (peace & :love:)

20. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

2 of those albums aren't Capitol albums.

21. Michael

REALLY? your joshing...

22. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Yes, The Beatles Story is a must on CD.
    Not even Capitol would stoop to that.

Price.pittsburgh likes this.
  23. Price.pittsburgh

If we get the original stereo mixes of
    The Beatles Story is essential when compared to "Having Fun With Elvis On Stage"

24. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I always thought the idea of a volume 3 was illogical. Volume 1 was the 1964 albums. Volume 2 was 1965. They couldn't do a 1966 box. The US Albums box filled the void nicely, although I'd like to see an official Hollywood Bowl.

25. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Somehow I just knew you would agree with that comment of mine:laugh::cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.