Any new Line Magnetic CD players?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Erocka2000, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmndrums

cmndrums Forum Resident

I will be watching for a used LM 502CA DAC, and looking for updates for a new version. I own the LM 216IA integrated amp, and love it.

2. Gizmo90

Gizmo90 Ashes to ashes, funk to funky

Still waiting for my CD 515, almost for two months now! Not sure whats going on. Haven't gotten a straight answer or tracking #

3. loudwizard

loudwizard Well-Known Member

Does this include the 518ia? It's now being produced in black?

4. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

No, just the 515.

5. Stump

Stump Forum Resident

This one looks new? From the Retro range.If its at next months H/K hifi show I will give it a listen..
    Stump

Li magnetic CD player AS-121

[​IMG]

6. Binh Nguyen

Binh Nguyen Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Last post was a few months ago. Any more news on LM CD player? I just bought an used LM 215 CD player to match with my LM 518ia. This will be an upgrade from the Rotel RCD 1072 that I have had for many years. I can't wait to hear the LM 215 matched with the LM 518ia. Has anyone gone thru the same upgrade path from Rotel 1072 to LM 215? Can you share your experience?
    I'd love to own the LM 515 but ... budget as the two young kids and the big boss got the priorities :)
    BTW, the 505 CD player sure looks delicious. I guess it sounds wonderful, too. Thanks for sharing.

IanL likes this.
  7. valfy

valfy Active Member

That gave me Audio Research vibes, not that it's a bad thing.

I'd love more info about the new dac.. Anyone? :)

8. Stump

Stump Forum Resident

I did have a listen to the Line magnetic CD player AS-121 at the HK Show.Sounded good to me although its hard to know how good while listening to the over all system.The LM dealer has just got one in and will let me know how it compares with the LM515 .I like the retro range and will fit in well with my LM 129 pre Amp and LM 129 Phono.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  9. BilboAlaska

BilboAlaska Forum Resident

I have two LM 215 cd players in use now. For several years now with no problems. Since back when Eugene HiFi was a dealer. Probably the best of many cd players that I have had. The only other great player I had was a Naim but I hated trying to get the puck right on the swing out tray. I had a Rotel 1072 that was pretty good. It failed and I had it repaired so I upgraded for fear it would fail again.

I am wondering what improvement to make? 1- add a dac, 2-get a 515, 3- get an Oppo player. I wonder how the new ones sound. Mine is a very old one.

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Hi team, just picked up a second hand LM515 and I'm having trouble getting the USB input to work with my Mac (which is supposed to "just work" with the DAC)--I can't "see" the DAC on my laptop. Has anyone had success with this, or any tips from those who have worked through their issues?

The CD player portion sounds great. I own like 1 CD... :doh:

11. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Everyone can relax! :sweating: I got it working.

James from High End Repair in AZ sent me a new DAC board for the cost of shipping and that fixed the problem.

Holy guacamole this thing is great!

GoldprintAudio and Rolltide like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.