Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

It's too logical... WWE doesn't do logic! If they did they would have explain HOW the two title belts, which were in the possession of the at home Daniel Bryan, ended up hanging above the ring.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Any chance you could upload them to YouTube? I'd love to hear them again.

RobMac likes this.
  3. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Amazing how an A++ Raw can make me feel like my life's been rebooted.
    I think I marked out during every segment on a three hour RAW... usually I would say it was a good RAW if they got me to mark out more than once.
    I'm a dirt sheet reader and they were still able to shock and surprise me.
    As soon as I saw Stephanie dancing and singing to John Cena's theme during the opening segment, I started laughing real hard and said to the kids "I think this is gonna be a good RAW tonight"... I had no idea.
    In case you are a casual fan (or an Attitude Era expatriate) I don't want to spoil everything, but now might be the time to climb back on board.
    But I will allude to one thing... what a Jack Swagger face turn... I couldn't believe I flipped out over two arm drags... that's the magic of pro wrestling when it is hitting on all cylinders.
    Kudos to the (new, I think) creative team who put the show together. No Daniel Bryan, no Bad News Barrett still no CM Punk or Lesnar... and they still put on an amazing show. No one performer is bigger than the company... BOlieve that!
    Looks like they might be transitioning from PG-13 to PG-17 (BOner comments, live commercial for booze 'Twisted Tea', Ambrose's "Scumbag" comment, Ziggler practically f**king Summer Rae in the ring...)
    Looks like it is going to be a wild ride into SummerSlam!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    RobMac, tonyc and JamieC like this.
  4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

[​IMG]

RobMac likes this.
  5. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

I miss the Shield. :(

Does anyone else think the break-up was too soon?

6. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Daniel Bryant catches Burglar
    From HuffPo

A former WWE champion known as Daniel Bryan chased two burglary suspects he saw exiting his Phoenix home this week and subdued one until officers arrived, investigators said.
    According to police, Bryan Danielson and his wife, Brianna, drove into the carport of their Arcadia home and saw a door to the house start to open.
    That's when Danielson and his wife, a fellow former WWE star known as Brie Bella, ran inside to check on their dog, Josie.
    "I saw the guys running out the back. I chased them. I caught one of them. I kept him until police got there," Danielson said.
    Danielson and Cesar Sosa, 22, got into a struggle, but the former champ subdued him until officers arrived, Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said. The second suspect got away.
    The former champ said he didn't have to apply the "Yes! lock" — his signature move— to get Sosa to surrender, but he did put him in a rear naked choke hold.
    "Unfortunately, he wasn't in very good shape," Danielson said. "So, it didn't take much."

Sosa was arrested and faces a burglary charge. It was not known if he had an attorney who could be reached for comment.
    Thompson said Sosa also had a felony warrant for burglary and kidnapping in another case.
    Danielson said he was happy his neighbors called 911 to report suspicious activity about 10 minutes before the couple arrived. He said his wife had just picked him up from the airport.
    "I got really angry at first," Danielson said. "They're actually lucky that I got them instead of Brie, because she probably would have been a little more violent."
    Brianna Danielson said that while her husband went chasing the intruders, she found Josie hiding in the couple's bathroom.
    "We didn't know if they had Josie, too," she said.
    Danielson, known for his "Yes!" chants, is recovering from a previous injury.

RobMac likes this.
  7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think the plan is to re-unite them every once in awhile like with D-X.

8. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

9. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

[​IMG]

"What a pathetic B+ player? I would have caught and pedigreed BOTH burglars!"

10. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

If you're a pro wrestling fan of any era, you should check out the free issue put out by Fighting Spirit Magazine. It contains both up-to-date news and features on pro wrestling, as well as historical pieces (there's an incredible story on The Dynamite Kid [of British Bulldogs fame] in this issue). You can read it on your PC/Mac or your smartphone at http://tinyurl.com/FSMFree, or simply search your app store for Fighting Spirit Magazine. Here's the cover:

[​IMG]

11. GlassOnion

GlassOnion Well-Known Member

Today the WWE FIRED,Alberto Del Rio!Read on wrestling observer site that it was for unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee.Wonder if he was trying to get fired,I think he has wanted out for while.

12. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I've been watching the Mid South Blu lately. What a time capsule this thing is. Brings back a lot of good memories and laughs.

Dugan and 905 like this.
  13. 905

905 Senior Member

My brother gave me the Mid South DVD set as a gift. While I love the craziness of Memphis and the great action of Mid Atlantic/Georgia/Florida and the larger than life WWF, Mid South during it's classic era is my choice for best territory.

14. greatmuta

greatmuta Forum Resident

15. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Praying for Jake.

16. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

More bad news...
    From the Torch
    Former WCW tag champion Sean O'Haire reportedly died of suicide at the age of 43.

According to TMZ, O'Haire was found hanging in his bedroom. He was discovered by his father, who called 911 after finding O'Haire "with a red rope tied around his neck and connected to the bedpost."

Foul play was not suspected and the coroner in Spartanburg, S.C. is awaiting a toxicology report to determine what was in O'Haire's system at the time of his death.

O'Haire came up through the WCW Power Plant in the early 2000s before forming a team with Mark Jindrak. O'Haire also formed a Tag Title team with Chuck Palumbo that carried over to WWE when WCW was bought out.

O'Haire's WWE run ended about ten years ago following a motorcycle accident. O'Haire tried MMA after leaving WWE, won a handful of fights, and stopped fighting professionally in 2007.
    [​IMG]
    RIP

17. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

18. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

They had originally wanted it to be a cable station but couldn't get clearance until the negotiations with Rogers, at which point they'd already launched online in the U.S. If they can make short-term profits from putting it on cable, easing people into the service, they'll surely take the opportunity.

19. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

I call BS on that report. Dave Meltzer has not reported anything about it either.

And after the snubbing that Vince gave cable, why would they WANT to do business with WWE?

20. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

21. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

That is from 2012.

I still think they were correct in making it a streaming service.

22. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Correct, that is from 2012, and proves that they had planned to launch it on cable TV, which is what I wrote.

23. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

And I contend that they were correct in changing course. Rogers Cable (Rogers doesnot operate in every Canadiannp voice, so a great deal of the WWE audience in Canada will not get the WWE network unless they find a workaround with an IP address) notwithstanding, I still can't imagine a cable provider wanting to work with WWE after the inferred dissing that Vince and co. gave that industry when they launched the Network.

The regular cable channel route was never going to work for WWE. If it had, it would not have taken this long for the network to debut.

24. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

I never stated that it was a bad move to go over-the-top, or to change their plans, so I'm not sure who you're arguing with.

25. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Used to work for the WF (as it was called at the time.)

I've worked all over the place - high end magazines, publishers, ad agencies.
    The WF was by far the most fun I've ever had with some of the most attractive, likable people.
    And I'm not even a wrestling fan.

905 and RobMac like this.