Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Yeah, I have all those.
    I even have some original ECW DVDs on Pioneer.
    I was surprised that WCW never released any DVDs. Another blunder if you ask me.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

You don't have to be a rasslin' fan to love The Brain.

ianuaditis and Thwacko like this.
  3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I want a dvd of Bruno Sammartino and Harley Race. hard to believe 2 of the most successful wrestlers of all time don't have a dvd. at least with Harley Race I think wwe has released about 12 matches from his career on various dvd's. Bruno though I'd be shocked if there are more than 5 of his matches on dvd. shame.

I also want a new 2 dvd set of superstar billy graham. his first dvd release shafted him as far as matches go. no matches that happened after 1982. they didn't any include of the big 70's matchups with bob backlund . they didn't have the Harley vs graham one hour draw match. just a wasted opportunity imo

Thwacko likes this.
  4. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I found some complete episodes of Prime Time Wrestling on YouTube. Do a search there for a trip down memory lane. The bantar between Bobby and Gorilla is awesome. Didn't know there was a Heenan DVD, sounds fun.

Thwacko and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I forgot about the Heenan DVD. I kept putting it off. Just nabbed one off eBay for $6.

I've purchased a bunch of these WWF DVDs but I must admit I probably haven't watched half of them. But they are so damn cheap! 3 disc sets can be had for as little as $5.

My WWF DVD Collection:

Hulk Rules
    Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology
    Andre The Giant
    Ric Flair Ultimate Collection
    Bret Hart - Best There Is etc.
    Jake Roberts Pick Your Poison
    Road Warriors - Life and Death of
    Self Destruction of Ultimate Warrior
    Roddy Piper Story
    Ric Flair & Four Horsement
    The Rock - Most Electrifying Man...
    Mr. Perfect Life and times
    Ric Flair Definitive Collection
    Hulk Hogan Unreleased Collectors Series
    Randy Savage Collection
    Legends of Wrestling - Piper & Funk
    Legnds of Wrestling - Hogan & Backlund
    Legends of Wrestling - Andre & Sheik
    Legends of Wrestling -Lawler and JYD
    Legends of Wrestling - Flair and Slaughter
    Legends of Wrestling - heat seekers
    Ricky Steamboat
    Hall of Fame 2004 (worth it just for Heenan's speech)
    Greatest Stars of the '80's
    Saturday Nights Main Event (my personal favorite collection)
    Greatest Managers
    Triumph and Tragedy WCCW (great! and sad!)
    AWA Spectacular Legacy (also great!)
    Rise and Fall of WCW
    Wrestlemania Anthology Vol 1
    Royal Rumble Anthology Vol. 1
    Summerslam Anthology Vol. 1
    Survivor series Anthology Vol 1.

I should probably sell of some of these since I'll never get around to watching them. A lot of them seem to be OOP so maybe I can make my money back. It's easier just to watch old matches off youtube.

I wish they'd release more AWA matches. "Colonel DeBeers - The Ultimate Collection" or something, you know?

Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

They need to release a much better Andre set. The one currently available is not very good. Way too short, and way short on 70s footage.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

WILL you STOP??!!!

Thwacko, Sammy Banderas and MikeInFla like this.
  8. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Does anyone listen to the Bruce Prichard podcast "Somethimg to Wrestle With.."? It's really good.

Thwacko, 905 and MikeInFla like this.
  9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I don't like his attitude with wrestling reporters who are not "inside". Specifically Dave Meltzer. Don't get me wrong, I do listen. But I prefer Jim Cornette for his territory stories.

10. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Yeah, he hates Meltzer.

11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I remember when I told Rhyno that WWE had closed The World in NY. We were doing a show here in Taylor when I told Terry off hand that I heard they were shutting it down like immediately. He wanted to know my source(IIRC The Torch). He gave me an attitude reply that sounded just like Prichard finishing off with I'm booked there on Monday. Guess what? I was right. There was no "there" there on Monday. And I consider Terry a friend, that I have known since he started.

12. Matthew Tate

yeah you can get them super cheap. i get some 3 dvd sets for $4.00 total on ebay practically new.

if you like ultimate warrior get the two newer 3 dvd sets they have released. the dvd release you have is nothing but a dvd to bury the warrior

13. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Yes its a hatchet job, but its an entertaining hatchet job.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

yeah. I'd get the newer dvd sets still. tons of matches. the warrior talks on them about different things and seems like a very honest person who didn't hold a grudge. wwe kinda admits some of the stuff on the dvd you have was not the entire story of how things went down. ultimate warrior even gives very high praise to jobbers saying they get no respect or accolades but they are the reason that the big stars exist

15. MikeInFla

Yes and Jim Cornett. Both are excellent. And from time to time Tony Shivonie (spelling could never get his name right)

16. Matthew Tate

what format do you like the dvd releases in? wrestlers bio and then the extras? wrestlers comments and bio mixed in between matches and other things from the era they is being discussed? the major feuds covered with the build up to the highlight match from that feud?

17. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That would have been a lot funnier if it was Koko B. Ware. :)

19. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Based on the title of this clip I thought Koko and Frankie were gonna show up and drop kick the television off the wall.

20. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Lasts 30 seconds ... didn't have to take a single bump ... yeah, that's a 2017 Goldberg match for ya.

Thwacko and JamieC like this.
  21. 905

905 Senior Member

The only podcast I regularly listen to.

22. MikeInFla

Cornett's Drive Thru is good as well. Answers a lot of questions about the business. He refers to Bruce as the artful dodger. What I find hilarious is when Jim does an impression of Bruce doing an impression of Corny. Good stuff!

905, Thwacko and JamieC like this.
  23. MikeInFla

Just discovered another podcast called "Prime Time with Hacksaw Jim Duggan & Sean Mooney". Scrolled thru and downloaded a couple of episodes including one called "Bobby & Gorilla". Sounds interesting but I am getting to where I don't have time for all of these great Wrestling podcasts!

Thwacko and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

I listen to Bruce Prichard, Tony Schiavone, both Jim Cornette podcasts, and Prime Time with Sean Mooney and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Before I used to work such a physical job I used to walk 2-5 miles a day, load up my phone with podcasts, and listen to them while I walked.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

So, Jeff Jarrett and his "indefinite leave of absence": that didn't take long, did it?