Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I have no idea who thought up the storyline but sting agreed to it. my guess is sting did it to show no hard feelings between himself and the wwe

2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Agreed... IMO, it was just Vince whipping it out to show he (WWF/WWE) was, is and always will be the best.

MikeInFla likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

again sting agreed to that match and the loss.

4. jmobrien68

Why not... he's a smart guy who always knew how to do business.

5. jmobrien68

Just a few thoughts... not sure how much you all have been following WWE/NXT...

If they are really trying to save 205 Live, Enzo Amore is not the answer. If Neville drops that title to him, I think it would be a terrible idea. IMO the savior of 205 Live can be Johnny Gargano. He shines in all of his matches and the crowds seem to love him almost in a Daniel Bryan kinda way. Give him a run at Neville and then ultimately you'd have him and a returning Tomaso feuding over the title... I know I'd start watching it again. Oh... and his wife is adorable.

I hate to be one of those guys that speaks in terms of 'he should be the next _____'... 'they should book him as the next _________ '... but man... if they could get Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno into some kind of Mick Foley-esque thing... he could be a huge star on the main roster. He has that same kind of charm as Foley, not to mention the look and damn he can work! Hope he breaks through the glass ceiling in an unexpected way... kinda like The Drifter is. Tell you what... I wish they could have swapped out Foley/Ohno for Angle/Jordan... would have been a way more entertaining, ridiculous angle.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I think the issue with 205 Live is deep rooted and not immediately correctable. I'd venture that at an NXT "Takeover" 90-95% of the crowd are network subscribers who are very familiar with the product. The 205 Live! audience is the people who come for Smackdown. It appears that a small percentage of those in attendance watch the show. Yes, there is some exposure via Raw, but the feuds and story lines don't resonate with these crowds, so the show often comes across as dull on TV. If 205 Live was produced at Full Sail it would have a much better vibe, and that vibe would translate to the broadcast. I think they'd be better off with 205 Taped! (at Full Sail).

On the show last night Enzo was sufficiently annoying that he's now getting booed and Neville was actually getting a smattering of fan support.

I know that Chris Hero is an indie darling, but I wasn't a fan on the first trip through NXT and I'm not a fan now. The NBA-inspired ring clothes that are 3 sizes too small make him look utterly ridiculous, and just remind me how out of shape the guy is. Yes, I have a prejudice against wrestlers who don't look fit. Kevin Owens overcame it with me (many times over) because he is so charismatic and talented in ring. Ohno?, oh no. :)

Matthew Tate and Dugan like this.
  7. Matthew Tate

chris hero is not hugely someone who looks that unfit. he's just not jacked up. samoa joe looks unfit but has looked that way for over a decade and can go in the ring.

enzo amore is annoying and needs to go

8. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Samoa Joe takes his shirt off. Unlike Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt and (since his return) Kassius Ohno. It's my opinion that male professional wrestlers should be able to take their shirts off in public without fear of embarrassment in 2017.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

No. He needs to be a manager/mouthpiece. Annoying the public is an asset in that role. I LIKE Enzo AND his rap.

10. Matthew Tate

how many big stars from WCW and ECW are still wrestling for a major promotion? big show, Jericho, brother ray. anyone else?

are we calling rhyno a big ECW star?

11. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Enzo gets more interaction from the crowd than any other wrestler on Raw. Tons of people chant along with his "certified G" routine.

JamieC likes this.
  12. Matthew Tate

his character is old and the gimmick reminds me of the bromans from TNA

13. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Maybe not but he's definitely a survivor.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I would call him original ECWs last star. He has always been a solid performer wherever he worked. Of course in his case, I was there from the start of his career

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Matthew Tate

yeah I remember him from the start of his ecw career.

so other than Jericho, big show, brother ray and rhyno did anyone think of any other big WCW/ECW stars still wrestling for a big company ?

16. 905

905 Senior Member

I just enjoyed the Alundra Blayze feature on the network.
    She's been my favorite woman in wrestling (since I first saw Madusa in 1988 in the AWA) so I'm biased.

Scopitone likes this.
  17. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

RF had a visitor....My long time Buddy Darius Rucker surprised me with a visit to the house to check on me. Much Respect! Ric FlairĀ® on Twitter

[​IMG]

Tanx, Matthew Tate, RayS and 2 others like this.
  18. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

When you have 15 minutes check this out.

S. P. Honeybunch and t-man 54 like this.
  19. Matthew Tate

most underrated wrestlers?

20. jmobrien68

Wahoo McDaniel

Tanx, 905, Matthew Tate and 1 other person like this.
  21. Matthew Tate

i'll post my thoughts on underrated wrestlers soon

22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Maybe because I'm older, but who thinks he's underrated? I rate him quite highly.

Dugan, 905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. FritzL

FritzL Adrift & Dumbfounded

Sweet Daddy Siki?

24. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

I love love love rasslin. But it's like an addiction with me. I can't start watching it without getting hooked. Then for weeks (and sometimes longer), I watch wrestling, read about it, download it by the terabyte, buy DVDs on my favorite trading site, post on my favorite IWC (Internet Wrestling Community) forums, build youtube playlists of lucha and puro and 80's Memphis tv. . .

Then I get burned out and have to stop all access to wrestling for awhile. I am in an off period right now.

:hide:

Dugan, 905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

What about Raven (Scott Lewis) from his ECW and WCW days?

Matthew Tate likes this.