Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

He works for New Japan now, they are on AXS TV channel, which other than that mostly shows music related programming.

ribonucleic likes this.
  2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I saw Andre at a house show at a local high school when I was a kid... he was there to accept Sgt Slaughter's $10,000 Cobra Clutch Challenge.
    He really was the 8th Wonder of the World

Sammy Banderas and MikeInFla like this.
  3. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Just read this. During the womens Royal Rumble Lita did something that was not mentioned on air. She carried into the match, besides her tats written on her arms were the names of the women who did not make it there including Luna Vachon and Chyna,
    I love Amy. That was such a classy move.
    [​IMG]

Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Unless I'm cracking up, it WAS mentioned on air. Stephanie, of all people, even had a shoutout for Chyna at that point.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

If it was I missed it. All I can say is that I had tears when I realized how she had honored them by carrying them with her into battle.
    I have to say also that I tuned Steph out. She said nothing of importance. I know more about the business than she does anyways other than the workings of Vinnie Mac's empire. Its just nepotism not knowledge.

6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I find it funny that Double J is going into the Hall Of Fame. Don't get me wrong, he is great but I think they did it to rib TNA/Impact.

[​IMG]

So that will make him and Sting members of "both" Halls ahaha. I always found the TNA Hall Of Fame to be a complete joke.

[​IMG]

And WWE needs to build an actual hall.

7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I feel like with Jeff Jarrett going into the WWE Hall Of Fame I have to post this!

Am I the only one who thinks that With My Baby Tonight is a legitimately good song? It's catchy. :)

905, Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Why is Bruce Pritchard in my head now?

905 and MikeInFla like this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Mickey Rourke is my hero

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well, you know...

905 and MikeInFla like this.
  11. MikeInFla

[​IMG]

905 likes this.
  12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Doot, doot, doot........

905 likes this.
  13. MikeInFla

I love all the podcasts. There's so many now I don't have time for them all. The 2 from Jim Cornette and Bruce Prichard are must-listens for me. I will also skim thru Sean Mooney (who?) and see what he has for the week and those interviews are hit or miss. Sometimes can be a bit boring but the good ones are really good. Tony Schiavone's is normally good but lately they are watching an old WCW PPV in real time and comment on it as it plays out. This does me no good since i don't have WWE Network. They encourage listeners to watch along with them. Interesting concept but no go for me. And of course there's Steve Austin, Jericho and Jim Ross but I just don't havea time for those. Wish I did.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Have you checked out WrestleCrap Radio? WrestleCrap - The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling! - The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling You should, it's very funny. :)

15. MikeInFla

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, but it's totally worth it- there's 10 years worth of stuff there and it's all pretty great. :)

17. MikeInFla

I listen to several wresting podcasts. One of them is "Prime Time W Sean Mooney". It is decent but not great. Anyway apparently he is leaving MLW and going to a pay podcast. As I said his podcast is just OK but I would never pay for it. So that's one less I will be listening to. The best ones are Bruce's and Cornette's. Those are free but have sponsors. I don't mind sponsorships at all but I think going to pay only is not a good idea.

18. RayS

I think I finished watching the Hall of Fame ceremony. I say "I think" because I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow, somewhere, Hillbilly Jim is still talking.

There were plenty of highlights squeezed into the 9 hour show (it was 9, wasn't it?) Mark Henry was particularly entertaining. Unquestioned lowlight for me - Goldberg. No wonder they couldn't find someone to induct him who wasn't on the payroll specifically to hype people. He's "at peace" with wrestling, yet still managed to take shots over ancient grudges (your streak ended on your BIRTHDAY and that upset you? What are you - 5?) Thanking Eric Bischoff for more-or-less handing him a multi-million dollar career was like pulling teeth for the guy. He comes across as egotistical and entitled, and describing himself as "lucky" (which is incredibly accurate) comes across as completely disingenuous. He also apparently invented the spear and no one is ever allowed to use it again. I guess when you only have two moves to need to be protective of them. Good riddance Mr. Role Model.

19. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

Goldberg could do a lot and as he got bigger in WCW they started asking him to do less . really weird but they thought a ton of submissions and backflips made him look weak

20. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

He wasn't a very good wrestler. There's a reason they kept his matches under a minute. :)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Which begs the question, how do you deal with a monster face? A monster heel sure, but an undefeated monster face is problematic. The cattle prod was a bit much though.
    I liked Bill from giddy-up in WCW and have most of his WWE run

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

He's handsome, he's brave, he's strong!

Oh wait, wrong cattle-prod brandishing wrestler. :)

23. RayS

I probably already used the quote somewhere else in this long thread, but ...

Kevin Nash on Goldberg:

"We needed him to do 30 minutes on a pay-per-view and he couldn't even manage 10 minutes at a house show."

Hence, I assume, Bill still taking swipes at Kevin in 2018.

WWE will soon face "The Goldberg Problem" with Asuka (who is 100x more talented than The Role Model). When does it end, how does it end, who ends it?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Kevin Nash complaining about someone not being able to wrestle in a long match is the pot calling the kettle black.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I like big Kev(He went to high school not far from me), but in my eyes there was more concentrated action in Goldberg's five minutes than in Nash's half hour "big man" match. Lots of long legged boots.

Stormrider77 and Matthew Tate like this.