Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Ray S: "WWE will soon face "The Goldberg Problem" with Asuka (who is 100x more talented than The Role Model). When does it end, how does it end, who ends it?"

Vince McMahon: "Hold my beer..."

RayS likes this.
  2. jmobrien68

FYI... they are putting Prichard's podcast on the WWE Network.

905 likes this.
  3. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Personally, I loved the decision to have it end, and that was, IMO, the best match on the entire card. They also head off to different brands, which means their next meeting will likely be another monumental one on a major PPV.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. jmobrien68

Best line of Wrestlemania weekend...

Kurt Angle to the unemployed Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn: "My tag team division is full but I hear TNA is hiring" :D:D:D:D

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

6. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

I enjoyed the Andre documentary but I felt like they spent way too much time on McMahon and Hogan. I would have preferred to see more screen time for Andre's family, or for Billy Crystal (who was almost ignored). And what's with the weird decision to film Cary Elwes at an awkward 45 degree angle? It's like they were trying to hide something on the left side of his face.

7. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

my favorite part was the discussion about his time on the set of The Princess Bride. Could have done with all the flatulence talk.

8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Anyone who hung with Boss for any length knows that fart stories loom large in his legend.

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The story about the 112 beers in one night lol. Does anyone know his back surgery before WMIII was for?

10. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

I am not. My son in law and their two kids are. They even print up the scorecards. Play two notes of music and they can tell you what wrestler uses that music. She is seven and he is five. My daughter tolerated it but does not get into it like her family does

11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

13. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

15. jmobrien68

NaturalD and MikeInFla like this.
  16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

6:15 in... Was this it? Had never seen this before. Also, I liked Vince as an announcer.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. jmobrien68

Oh god... remember it like it was yesterday... Zbyszko was tired of being in Bruno's shadow so they set this match up to resolve things man to man... then ole Larry snapped and went for the chair... lol

t-man 54, MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The biggest indy show in history. They sold out in 29 minutes. I thought it might be a sell out between now and September, but this is astonishing. Wow. They really need to put a pay per view together quick, or at least release it on disc within a week or so while its still hot.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  19. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

From HuffPo
    Former WWF Wrestler Severely Beaten Outside California Home | HuffPost
    A former pro wrestler was brutally beaten and kicked by a group of young men in California earlier this week, police said.

The victim has been identified as Tom Magee, a retired strongman competitor and contender in the World Wrestling Federation. Magee, who’s more than 6 feet tall, was a force to be reckoned with in his heyday, having once set a world record with a 1,180-pound deadlift.

Despite his impressive past, police say Magee, who will turn 60 in July, didn’t stand a chance against an onslaught of fists and feet delivered by six young men Tuesday morning.

The beating, which occurred outside Magee’s Mar Vista home, was so severe, according to police, that it left him with a broken jaw, broken eye socket and concussion.

Officer Christopher No with the Los Angeles Police Department told HuffPost a “neighborhood dispute” led to the incident.

“There was an altercation and Magee got assaulted and beaten,” No said.

Witnesses told local news outlets that the dispute began over the use of a parking space. It is still unclear who started the dispute.

“They were literally kicking him, punching him in the face and in the head,” a neighbor, who did not wish to be identified, told CBS Los Angeles.

The men reportedly ran off when neighbors rushed to Magee’s aid.

As of Friday, two arrests have been made in the case. Officer No identified them as Justin Lee, 20, and Degrate Bryant, also 20. Both face charges of causing great bodily injury.

Magee’s neighbor told CBS Los Angeles the suspects should face severe penalties.

“If we wouldn’t have come out here I don’t know if he would be alive,” she said. “To look at his face ― if you saw his face right now and saw what they were doing to him, he’s really lucky to be alive.”

Police said Magee was left lying on the ground semi-conscious and was hospitalized for his injuries. By Thursday he was back home recovering, according to local news.

The investigation is ongoing, and police say additional arrests are possible.

[​IMG]

20. benjis

benjis Well-Known Member

Looks like WWE Smackdown Live! is moving to FOX in October 2019. Apparently, it's a $205 million a year deal for five years.

21. 905

905 Senior Member

I think that if Mega Man worked out in 1987 he would've had the Ultimate Warrior spot.

22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Mega Man? You mean the guy from the Nintendo games? I'm confused. :confused:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. 905

905 Senior Member

I meant Mega Man Magee, he had a great first match with Bret Hart but things went down once he wasn't wrestling the Excellence of Execution.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh!!! I've heard about that match! It's supposed to be great. I was hoping it would have been on Bret's Dungeon Collection DVD set but it wasn't. :(

905 likes this.
  25. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Leon White (Vader) has passed away at age 63.

WWE is saddened to learn that Leon White, better known to WWE audiences as Vader, passed away Monday night at the age of 63. White began his sports-entertainment career in the mid-1980s after retiring from the NFL due to injury. He rose to national prominence in Verne Gagne’s American Wrestling Association before joining New Japan Pro Wrestling as the masked Big Van Vader. He went on to become one of the promotion’s biggest stars and most feared competitors. Vader then transitioned to World Championship Wrestling, where he would make the biggest mark of his career. He engaged in memorable rivalries with the likes of Sting and Ron Simmons, becoming a dominant, three-time WCW World Champion in the process. In 1996, Vader joined the WWE roster, where he squared off against Superstars such as Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. He also found success on the small screen with a recurring guest role on the popular 1990s television program, “Boy Meets World.” WWE extends its condolences to White’s family, friends and fans.

Matthew Tate likes this.