Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I had no idea that Brian was still in jail essentially in solitary for the last month. No one would bail him out. Tough love? He hanged himself.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. tensummoner

tensummoner wish i had a nickle.. thats it just wish i had 1

Yeah i loved it too. i even had the WWF album from the mid 80's growing up with Rowdy's Rap. but that NWO crap a decade or so ago really halted me as a fan. i vaguely kept watching. the final nail in the coffin is when Eddie Guerro Died. he was my hero then Chris Benoit wow i havent recovered from the lost of those two. imo they were the best

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. tensummoner

4. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Doesn't surprise me about that. I grew up in Knoxville so I have been keeping up with it. Honestly I never even remember a "county" mayor, always a city mayor but now they have both. I think the person running against him got into some controversy that pretty much sealed her fate.

tensummoner likes this.
  5. tensummoner

Believe it or Not , Kane is actually a quite remarkably intelligent person as well. not sure how long ago it was but he was on Jeopardy. yeah the game show and clobbered the other two.made it through two rounds of opponents.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

She did the honors in the age-old tradition.

7. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

This just in. Colt Cabana is now suing CM Punk. Apparently Punk told Colt that he would be covered for the legal bills in their defense against the WWE doctor, but has reneged on the promise, telling Colt he's on his own and on the hook for a quarter million dollars. Colt is asking for 200 thousand and a mil and a half in punitive damages.
    That podcast has ruined Colts life. Phil should be ashamed. He dropped this on his best friend.
    [​IMG]
    Colt Cabana sues CM Punk over legal fees
    After fighting together on the same side and winning a defamation lawsuit two months ago, Colt Cabana and CM Punk are now on opposite sides of a legal battle.

Cabana, whose real name is Scott Colton, is suing UFC fighter CM Punk, whose real name is Phillip Jack Brooks, for breach of contract and fraud in Cook County Circuit Court.

Cabana and Punk have close friends since their days in Chicago’s independent pro wrestling circuit.

Cabana’s lawsuit contends Punk promised to help him out with the legal bills they amassed fighting the defamation lawsuit. Cabana claims Punk told him in a text that he would be “100% covered.”

Punk has failed to keep that promise, leaving him with unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736, according to the lawsuit.

Punk asked Cabana to pay half of the legal fees, which comes out to $256,868, saying “You are on your own.”

Cabana is asking for $200,000 in general damages, along with $1 million in punitive and exemplary damages, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims “Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

Cabana is the host of “The Art of Wrestling,” a podcast where he discuss issues surrounding wrestling, along having fellow pro wrestlers on the show as guests.

Punk, a former wrestler, was Cabana’s guest on an episode, where he addressed the litany of issues he had during his time with the WWE, most notably his issue with his medical treatment.

The former world champion addressed a misdiagnosis of a staph infection and wrestling in the immediate aftermath of a concussion.

Those accusations prompted Dr. Chris Amann, WWE’s ringside physician, to sue Punk and Cabanain January 2015. In the “Demand letter,” Amann’s attorney drafted a “cease and desist” order telling Colton to remove the podcast from any and all websites.

Two months ago, Cabana and Punk won the defamation lawsuit filed by Amann.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  8. MikeInFla

Wow that's crazy. Never saw that one coming because they were good buds.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

They were more like brothers. I met them both in I think 02. Colt was our champ for a while. I feel repulsed by this. Phil was the one sitting on a pile of cash, and Colt was still working indy dates. Colt will never have a future in the E. Vinnie Mac holds grudges. He does it because he loves the business but knows there will never be that big payoff.
    I thought better of Phil.

Thwacko and MikeInFla like this.
  10. MikeInFla

Maybe CM Punk is still mad because he won crappy prizes on the Bozo show when he was a kid.

Thwacko and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

13. MikeInFla

14. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

He may have had a seizure and fell hitting his head.

RIP Anvil.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

R.I.P.

Best goatee in the biz.

[​IMG]

16. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

17. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Congratulations to Cody Rhoads for winning the NWA world title at All In!

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

19. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

For reasons that cannot be discussed here... I'm giving serious consideration to cancelling my WWE Network subscription... really hope they do the right thing.

20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Disappointed if you are waiting for Vinnie Mac to develop a conscious. Cena is refusing to go because his future is in movies.

905 and RayS like this.
  21. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Rumor has it that Daniel Bryan is refusing as well... still advertised as of last night... wonder if they are gonna run an injury angle tonight to pull him.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

What I'm hearing is most of the locker room would just as soon not go.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. I was surprised (shocked, actually) that they ever started going there. I know that the Culture needs to change, but......

24. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The live crowd for Evolution got ugly when the slide was shown for Crown Jewel. Someone needs to pay attention.

25. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Also remember who his wife is and who she works for.