Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

So what happened??

2. jude7265

jude7265 Forum Resident

Here here! I've been watching since 1988, when I was 10. Last night's ending WAS a crap finish. I really wish they would've given Punk the strap for a bit.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.432887,-80.015528
    - And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

3. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

At least the finish allows Punk to be the good guy with a cause to chase. If he's going to catch on with younger fans as much as he's caught on with older/disenfranchised fans, then this is the best way to go about it.

4. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Simply put...
    Punk pinned Cena, whose foot was on the rope, which Triple H missed. After Triple H said to Cena he didn't see it, John accepted it and left the ring. Punk re entered the ring and had a few words with Trips, who then left for the back. As Punk was celebrating KEVIN NASH entered the ring, powerbomb Punk and Alberto Del Rio, with referee in tow, cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase and pinned Punk for the title.

5. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

Boo!!!!!!!

That is a WORSE kayfabed-screwjob than Andre/DiBiase screwing Hogan out of the title back in '88. I wonder if Kevin Nash showing up means that the Kilq will start turning up in WWE again. I have mixed feelings about this(I REALLY wanted Punk to have a long title reign), but it could work if the Kliq become the new Establishment - they do have that built-in "smark" heat.

6. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Oh well.

7. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

There's a really interesting interview with former NWA/WCW wrestler Sting about his career in the new edition of Fighting Spirit Magazine. There's a preview of the article here.

8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

9. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Coming back from doctors in Lakeland Florida, I saw a Country bar with a sign promoting "Hulk Hogan's Micro Wrestling". Place can't hold more than 200 people, would be shocked if the big man was there.

10. Campbell Saddler

Campbell Saddler Used Bin Explorer

Wow.

The juxtaposition of footage from his prime years with the debacle in that 400 person room is shocking.

His present-day interview responses were lucid and thoughtful, and that also contrasted greatly with his health and appearance. He's aged so much since 2002 :shake:

Nonetheless, thanks for a compelling yet sobering link, Jamie C.

11. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Barry Windham near death:

From http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10021508.shtml:

Wrestling legend Barry Windham, who is mostly known for his time in the old NWA/Jim Crockett days and stints in the WWF, is in the ICU at a Florida hospital. According to Slam! Sports, Windham's father Bob (a/k/a Blackjack Mulligan) posted on Facebook, "I have a son near death," and that further posts indicate it was a stroke.

12. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Mike Johnson at PW Insider.com has reported that "Family members have confirmed that Barry Windham suffered a heart attack yesterday. No update on his condition at this time."

13. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

From Pro Wrestling Torch

Barry Windham is scheduled for procedures on Monday as he tries to recover from a life-threatening heart attack suffered last week. Dustin Rhoads(Goldust), who recently visited Windham in the hospital, tweeted Monday: "Barry Windham is getting some stuff done on him today....say your prayers please."

14. upsidedownclowns

upsidedownclowns Active Member

It's fake people.

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

So are clowns when they hit each other with big mallets*.

*I hope.

16. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

You sir are a genius. Thanks for the threadcrap. We are talking about two people who ar in medical danger, and you bring that stuff over the sill.

17. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I probably wouldn't have posted in this thread, but I watched the video of Scott Hall on ESPN because I treated him briefly, filling in for the regular therapist, at a Charter Hospital in the late 90s. I had no idea who he was, but he was a rather noticeable guy in the group! Again, it took someone in the group to clue me in to who he was ("he's a pro wrestler" I was told).

I hadn't watched pro wrestling since the 60s, so I had no idea who was in the current crop of wrestlers. Anyway, the video I saw was amazingly difficult to handle because the guy I knew was nothing like the person in that video, and it was extremely sad to see that he has gone so far downhill physically and mentally since the times I saw him. Very, very sad. ESPN did a great job with the video, but what a rise and fall he's had. I think he still lives here in Central Florida, maybe on the coast. But he's well on his way to dying. It was hard for me to watch, but filled me in on information I wouldn't have otherwise known.

18. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

No, really? I had NO idea! *snark mode off*

19. 905

905 Senior Member

Anyone else subscribe to www.wwegreatestmatches.com ? This month's content is Madison Square Garden matches, and on the Intercontinental Championship program they have a match between Pat Patterson and Ted Dibiase that's great.

20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

RIP "Killer" Karl Kox

from Pro Wrestling Torch

According to the Cauliflower Alley Club, Killer Karl Kox (Herb Gerwig) died Thursday at the age of 80. Jim Ross also confirmed the news on Twitter: "Got an email from Cowboy Bill Watts that wrestling great Killer Karl Kox passed away today of a heart attack. 1 of the all time greats. RIP."

The NWA issued a statement: "The Cauliflower Alley Club is reporting the death earlier today of Killer Karl Kox. Kox wrestled all over the world and was a huge star in Australia, feuding with the likes of Spiros Arion, Mark Lewin, and others. Stateside, he held many titles, including the NWA National, Central States, Florida, and Georgia championships. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends."

21. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

That Scott Hall piece was heartbreaking....

22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Have you all noticed how little talk there has been lately in this thread about current wrestling product? Both WWE and TNA are really bad right now. I have been watching less and less.

23. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Agreed, although I'm catching Raw just to see what's gonna happen with Kevin Nash and Triple H.

As for TNA, the knockouts keep me glued, although the nostalgic kid in me wants them to bring back Hollywood Hogan!

At least he sounds better, now. :sigh:

Attached Files:

24. jason100x

jason100x Forum Resident

I don't have cable but when I visited my parents a few months ago I made a point to watch Raw. I hadn't seen Raw in a long time when I watched it and it was terrible. There weren't any characters who grabbed me as being interesting, certainly not like years ago. The whole presentation seemed lackluster, just going through the motions.

25. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

You need to check out Ring Of Honor on a Sinclair Media Station near you.
    https://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/listings