Anybody seen Brit Floyd? Pink Floyd tribute band...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinny123, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinny123

Vinny123 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have tickets for June in Ruth Eckert Hall in Clearwater Fl. From the YouTube videos they look spot on.

2. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

This is like starting a cover tribute band called American America.

warewolf95 likes this.
  3. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

I’m going to see them a Radio City Music Hall. Cheap tickets - should be fun.

4. DPC

DPC Forum Resident

Yup - back in May 17 in Richmond, VA...
    fantastic!
    (at least our small contingent thought so...)

5. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

They're very good. I shot them a couple of years ago; the singer/guitarist had a broken leg, so he didn't move around much...but I get the feeling he probably wouldn't have moved around much anyway.

6. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I just saw their tribute to The Wall at the Midland Theater in Kansas City Missouri.

Excellent show, top-notch musicianship and production values.

Basically if you like Pink Floyd's music, you want to hear it performed well, and you don't have the ticket price to see the tribute band headed by Roger Waters or the tribute band headed by David Gilmour...come see this one instead.

BPMC likes this.
  7. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

No saw the Australian Pink Floyd back in 1999.
    We left before the halfway mark.

8. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

No disrespect intended, but I've never seen a tribute band in my life and don't intend to, especially after seeing decent venues that formerly put on original bands turn into tribute band-land.

9. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I hope they are better than these guys.....

10. Evethingandnothing

I've only ever seen one band quite as bad as this, but to be fair, the members were only 14 years old or so.

11. dylankicks

dylankicks Forum Resident

Saw them in Milwaukee a few years ago and thought they were excellent!

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

isn't there a journey/steve perry tribute band going around these days?........in fact, i think they recently got a vegas gig.

13. smarone313

smarone313 Forum Resident

Saw them last year - they are in the top three of bands touring Pink Floyd Music worldwide....slightly behind roger waters and David Gilmour...emphasis on the word slightly. If either one of those guys fronted this band, you’d walk out saying it was the best Live Floyd since ‘77.

14. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

I prefer those guys to Brit Floyd.

If you want to see a band play note perfect Pink Floyd songs and dress and act like wax work models from Madame Tussauds, then Brit Floyd are for you.

I’m a Pink Floyd fan, but I want to see a band play songs differently and to put some of their own personality into the performance.

bhazen likes this.
  15. Chris DeVoe

We've had this argument a hundred times. One of my favorite venues is constantly putting on original live music. And is constantly losing their shirts doing so. The consistent money that a tribute band brings in two nights out of the week is what enables them to continue offering original live music the other five nights.

16. majoyenrac

majoyenrac Forum Resident

I saw them in apr18 in Milwaukee for a buddies 40th Birthday..he was a big fan and had seen them 2-3 times. I have to say the show and the lights were pretty special. I’d highly recommend it (had little expectations and was pleasantly surprised)

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. Evethingandnothing

Well, I'm new to the forum, so it's the first time for me. But, like I said, no disrespect intended. It's as much the punter's fault as any other factor. That doesn't make it a healthy thing though. I'm long past my punting days, so don't have much to contribute on that front.

18. Chris DeVoe

All I know is I was in a large theater filled with people watching music they love, played very well by a bunch of talented musicians. And they weren't paying out the nose for the privilege.

19. Evethingandnothing

Do people get autographs after the show?

20. Chris DeVoe

Yes, in fact they did. My friend who treated me to this show got autographs for the entire band. He didn't have to cough up another $300 each so we could have an "exclusive" meet and greet either.

21. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

God I hope this is a joke. If not it's awful

22. Evethingandnothing

Curiouser and curiouser. Well, I'm glad your enjoying it. That's all that matters I guess.

23. Chris DeVoe

This was The Wall... and other giant Pink Floyd hits. The young woman singing Great Gig In The Sky was nowhere near as good as this young lady:

(Skip to one minute in and be prepared to be blown away.)

She was fronting a band who were a lot less skilled, but most of them were just learning.

Jack_Straw and Rufus McDufus like this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

They are a tribute band... and they have fans.

25. Chris DeVoe

Here's my all-time favorite Pink Floyd cover. I shot this last year and was knocked out by it.

RingoStarr39 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.