Anybody tried the Bluesound music server ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tim 2, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sotosound

sotosound Forum Resident

Many thanks. The only issue that would require a new Vault 3 to fix is processing power. The rest is software, documentation and user knowledge. Even the hanging of the iPad app is probably a dropped message where the Vault says “The search is finished and here are the results.” But the iPad doesn’t hear it and continues waiting for a message that never arrives.

2. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE Thread Starter

Yup did that, in fact during diagnosis we tried shutting every piece of equipment down at once and restarting. I've spent several hours on the phone with the salon that sold and installed the gear trying to figure it out without success, they feel there's an equipment breakdown somewhere. Will have to wait till Monday when the installer shows up.

3. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Ok, glad you have a solution. Did Bluesound support have you try a firmware re-install? If the Vault won't play connected locally to your DAC or pre-amp, that would be the next logical step. These things happen; hopefully, not often.

Instructions and firmware: Downloads - Bluesound

Tim 2 likes this.
  4. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE Thread Starter

Got it fixed last night. The installer guy ( Dan ) great guy by the way, couldn't walk me though it on the phone so he came out on his on time and fixed it in about 15 minutes. He had to reboot it, said it was a first. I wrote down the procedure so if it happens again I should be ably to do it me-self.

Interesting, he said I don't have Roon or need it. $700 bucks in my jeans then.

Looked into the Vault 3 update but for me there was no advantage, just more cost.
    I don't think I could do without this stuff now, not so much because of the endless music choices, it's the sound quality, it's to die for. :righton::cheers:

forthlin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.