Anyone been watching those interviews of G.E. Smith on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

I supposed G.E. Smith is most recognizable as the former lead guitarist for Hall and Oates and as the musical director of the Saturday Night Live Band during the mid 80s thru the mid 90s. I accidentally came across these interviews (there are approximately 20 of them) conducted by the people who ran the Emmy Awards. The clip below is the one I watched first....I think you guys know how to navigate within Youtube for the rest of them....

2. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I also remember that he was married to Gilda Radner somewhat briefly. Sure he has a lot of tales to tell, very cool!

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

He's a good storyteller. Has played with tons in the music business. His CD with Buddy Guy is fantastic!

4. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

he put out a great pop/rock LP in the early 80s called "In the World"...it's really overlooked but has a lot of great songs in the vein of Nick Lowe...

beccabear67 likes this.
  5. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Yeah, I watched those G.E. Smith videos when they came out about a year ago and found most of them to be very interesting. I have a feeling he has many more great stories that he's not willing to tell (at least not at the present moment).

longdist01 and Strat-Mangler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.