Anyone Else Ever Get A Coupon From eBay As An Apology?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ridernyc, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident Thread Starter

So last month I bought a battery for my laptop. When it came it was the wrong battery. So I went and checked the auction. The item was listed incorrectly,the title described one battery, but the body of the auction was a different battery.

I write to the seller to explain this, at this point it becomes clear even though it was shipped from a US address I'm dealing with someone in China. No mater how many times I explain what went wrong to him he can't grasp what I'm saying. Finally he just sends me a priority mail envelope to return the battery.

He gets the battery at 9am last Wednesday. I wait a few days and send him a message asking when I will get refund. He keeps telling me "soon". I give him a deadline and the deadline passes, so I open a case on him. Like magic my refund shows up 20 minutes later. When I open the case I explain that the listing was and still is wrong.

Today I got a $5 coupon from eBay as an apology. Never got one before or ever heard of anyone getting one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.