Anyone else here have a systemdek iix limited edition? Only 100 made

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by colby2415, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colby2415

colby2415 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I recently got into vinyl and got this table from my dad, who really doesn't have the time to use it. Anyways, not only is a systemdek iix which I understand is pretty hard to come by these days, but it is a limited edition out of 100 units. I am curious if anyone else has this specific table, and how it differs from the standard IIX turntable. As far as I know it is all the original oem parts (glass platter, profile tonearm) and nothing has been swapped out. Good solid table and I'm surprised it still works so well after 30+ years. (didn't even need a new belt). Don't really think I could get a better table for a reasonable amount, but maybe on the used market.

Anyone else have one of these or is familiar with? Here is a photo of mine:
    [​IMG]

2. Doc Diego

Doc Diego Forum Resident

More pics please!

irender, Robert C and Ham Sandwich like this.
  3. colby2415

sure thing, give me a few minutes and ill get some more photos up

4. colby2415

Here are some more photos as requested. Table is in really good shape minus a bit of wear on the front lip where the dust cover rests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here a bonus photo: my vintage receiver that I picked up real cheap (circa 1978 i think). A great sounding yamaha cr420

[​IMG]

aarsonbet, GMcGilli, irender and 7 others like this.
  5. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Love the table ( and receiver) nice rig man.

6. colby2415

Thanks, its not exactly a super high end setup, but its a nice modest set up that does the job well. Speakers aren't shown but if you are wondering about those, they are the Klipsch R-14M's.

Manimal likes this.
  7. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

A very good mid-priced turntable in its day.
    Not sure what changes were added to the limited edition over the standard model.?

8. colby2415

Yeah, agreed. And I am not sure, but I think the non LE IIX was a lighter color wood with a black colored tonearm and the LE was darker wood with a lighter silver/gold color tonearm. Hoping someone on here might know, just curious. If there was only 100 made it makes you wonder how many are still kicking around in working condition.

9. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

It looks great and it's unique.
    If it sounds good it would be exactly what I dig.

10. colby2415

Yeah, just swapped the ortofon 2m red I bought when I first got into vinyl for a MP-110 (as you see in the photos) and it sounds better than I ever imagined it could. I guess you could end up spending hundreds and not be happy with your system, but I am glad that's not the case with me. Less than 500 dollars all in and I have a pretty nice setup.

aarsonbet likes this.
  11. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Rest assured you do my friend:)

12. irender

irender Forum Resident

I still use the IIX I bought new in the 80's. Mine has a different arm with Systemdek on it. I found that a Herbie's Way Excellent mat improved the sound (made it sound more to my liking) over the felt mat. Very happy with mine. Apparently when not in use the 45 adapter is stored on the top left side of the plinth. At least that's where me and Doc keep ours. Enjoy your gear.

13. Doc Diego

Doc Diego Forum Resident

OP that Limited Edition is sharp! One of the carts I put on a Denon headshell was the MP110, sounds great. The other headshells have a Grado Statement Sonata1, Grace F9 and Shure M97xe with SAS stylus. I'm using a Funk Achromat on the glass platter. I also run the Music Hall Cruise Control, nice not to half to move the belt. Great turntable for the money.

14. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

I had the IIX and you are exactly right. It was a different tonearm I believe. Natural wood stain.

15. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Very very nice!

16. colby2415

Totally forgot about those speed boxes, the only problem I have with the table is the stupid belt switching, almost dropped the platter on my toes once lol. Going to consider getting one of those, smart idea. I decided to put the naga on the original headshell as its the most used cart, and it just matches better (same color). The denon headshell now has a shure m35x mounted which I primarily use for singles

17. colby2415

I think there was a few profile tonearms, I think the one I have is the II, but it's hard to tell (very little info online). Regardless its a good sounding table (kinda digging that lighter wood stain color, the black doesn't really match my receiver).

Don't really see a need to upgrade for quite a while as I'd have to spend quite a sum to really get an upgrade. Regardless I don't really think i'd ever consider selling it due to the sentimental value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.