Anyone else see the new McIntosh TT? $2500

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by McGuy, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lots of people w money really like the lifestyle approach to things like this. They don’t all jump into research like many of the geeks around forums like this. And in that grand scheme of things $4000 is not all that much for a particular audience

2. Kenneth Lewis

Kenneth Lewis New Member

Complete McIntosh system/fan/user. 6700, MB50, MCD205 and XR100 & XR50, upgraded from a 5100 and MR67 I had since college a very long time ago. I've been thinking about an MT5 for a while and now the MT2 caught my eye, but none of them will replace my Thorens TD160. All I'm buying now is used vinyl. The Okki Nokki is on it's way.

Ken Clark likes this.
  3. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Here is a review (the only one I could find) of the MT-2.

McINTOSH MT2

4. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I am always baffled by the McTables. Who puts a $300 cart on a $5000 table? Kinda like Rega forcing the Elys2 on us with the RP3. I thought it was a horrid cart, but at least it was inline with the TT cost. Project and CA seem to match their carts /tables well.

HankM likes this.
  5. HankM

HankM Senior Member

I just seen one of these at my local Magnolia Design Center. Of course they had in a display, not connected and placed on top of a preamplifier, you could barely see it.

6. BayouTiger

Mine has it out and playable. I think in the place the MArantz TT15 usually sits.

HankM likes this.
  7. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

Heh. Its as if their marketing charter calls for a specific place for Clearaudio OEM'd turntables, but they can take their pick from the list.

HankM likes this.
  8. HankM

HankM Senior Member

The store I was in used to have the Marantz TT15, now they have the Project 2Xperience in its place.

9. BayouTiger

They have an Xperience connected in the room as well, and an Essential outside connected to the LS50W’s

10. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Has anybody on this forum purchased the MT2? If so, please be so kind as to review it here.

I am interested in this turntable but I can’t find an objective review of it at all.

11. McLover

McLover Senior Member

The turntables and the disc players, yes. Amplifiers, preamplifiers and tuners, I heavily disagree with you on. I prefer other turntables to McIntosh or ClearAudio as they do not meet my needs and my requirements.

12. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Maybe I just got lucky, but my MT5 is flawless. Performs flawlessly. I have been nothing but happy with it. Someone is always going to spend their money (and yours!) differently, or in a way they deem "better". Buy what you like... no one has YOUR ears. :)

James Bennett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.