Anyone going to continue selling using Amazon FBA?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by kwadguy, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Amazon FBA, for those who don't know, is the program that allows you to send inventory to Amazon, and for them to then sell it and ship it from Amazon's warehouses, offering standard Amazon shipping options, including Prime.

For many years, this was a good deal for sellers, allowing you to sell stuff much more readily, and with very reasonably priced shipping charges.

In the past few years Amazon has made it less attractive:

1) They changed the policy that allowed you to keep one copy of an item/SKU without paying to store in in the Amazon warehouses.

2) They have repeatedly increased the cost of selling through FBA.

3) (Most recently and worst) they will now be charging a fee of $0.50/item/month for every item you have in their warehouse. Have an obscure CD that might sell eventually? You'll pay $6/year just to keep it in the warehouse until it actually sells.

That last thing is what finally got me to close up FBA shop. The stuff I've tended to sell on Amazon is mid and long tail CDs. They sell eventually, and sometimes for good money, but they can take months to sell. I don't want to pay what amounts to $180/year to store one box "sleeve" of 30 CDs in their warehouse.

Anyone else ready to call it quits on FBA?

chazz101s likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.