Anyone going to RMAF?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by sailfish, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sailfish

sailfish Forum Resident Thread Starter

I always have difficulty navigating the website and planning how to attack the many rooms. I always get a nice surprise sometime during the weekend though.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sadly, not going.

3. tomd

tomd Senior Member

I'm going on Saturday

4. padreken

padreken Senior Member

I'll be there on Friday & Saturday. Always a fun show, and with the hotel renovations finally complete, it should be better than ever.

5. TeflonScoundrel

TeflonScoundrel Forum Resident

I'm going for the third time. I missed last year, so I can't wait.

6. ronm

ronm audiofreak

Last year was my third trip in nine years so I'm good.I've been on this audio merry go round for almost fifteen years and I am finally having enough.Just want to deal with and listen to my own stuff.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    timind likes this.
  7. sailfish

I'm sort of burned out too, but I always find a gold nugget somewhere at RMAF. It usually happens on Sunday.

8. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

I read the title as ROTFLMAO.

9. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I had thought about attending. But then temptation took hold, and my funds were redirected towards a hefty downpayment on a Technics SL1200G. So 2017 is going to be the first year I've not attended an audio show since experiencing my first back in 2012. That first show was Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

Oh well, I've not experienced the audio show in Chicago. Maybe I'll plan on that for next April.

10. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

I'm going, probably on Saturday.

11. vintage_tube

vintage_tube Enjoying Life & Music

Heading there after a 4 year lapse w/a 3 day ticket. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and joining up with some I haven't met. As like previous attendances, should be a great 3 days in the newly renovated Marriott. Bought my sister who lives outside Denver a Friday ticket. She loves music & we have a great time listening when she visits. This should be an eye opener for her & maybe she'll hear something that strikes within her budget.

Best Sirs,

Bob

Doug_B, jmrife and GoldprintAudio like this.
  12. jmrife

jmrife Wife. Kids. Grandkids. Dog. Music.

Friday, to beat the weekend crowds.

13. DPM

DPM Senior Member

The thing I've liked about attending Rocky Mountain Audio Fest is the area in which it's held. There is a good coffee shop, a great Mexican restaurant and a breakfast place all within walking distance of the hotel.

14. sailfish

I'll try try to get there Fri. Afternoon to check out viny., CDs, etc., and to do a quick "drive by" to get my bearings. Sometimes the music is not dialed in until Sat. Or Sun. Depending on the room. Oh, last year the Mexican Restaurant was closed.

15. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

I'll be there - Fri/Sat and early Sun. Looking at the official site, I wonder if there are fewer exhibitors this year (or if it's just the stuff I want to hear that is not going to be there)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.