Anyone heard about these Dead vinyl releases?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jgirar01, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I read that there are 2 five lp releases coming out - Truckin up to Buffalo and Live at the Cow Palace. Both 129-149 dollars. First time on vinyl. I can't keep up with all these Dead releases. Are these analog and are they worth preordering if you have the cd? I can't even tell if these are sanctioned by the Dead or not?

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I believe there's a thread about the Cow Palace out there already.

3. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

4. ssmith3046

That's the one that I want! Preordered and now the long wait for January.

5. unravelled

unravelled Forum Resident

Never heard truckin up to Buffalo. How does it stack up against the dead other 80's outpu?

6. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Friday music is pressing The Cow Palace vinyl and its being released this month.

7. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I wonder whether or not Brookvale Records will continue releasing DICK'S PICKS on LP ... 's been awhile ...

8. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Karl has been not posting on this lately,lets hope it continues only 31 sets to go.

9. ssmith3046

It's a been a long time. I wonder too.

10. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

From Brookvale records Facebook page (posted on Bob Weir's birthday):

Brookvale Records is proud to be the home of the Grateful Dead's Dick's Picks Vinyl Series, bringing the band's classic live concert series to vinyl for the very first time. Stay tuned for Vol. 6 in this critically-acclaimed series coming early 2015!

Looking forward to the official announcement :)

11. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Just saw this thread.

This is a terrific concert. Garcia is on fire. It may have the best US Blues ever as the encore, appropriate as this is a 4th of July show, along with a phenomenal Deal to end the first set. I remember the Terrapin Station also as very, very good. Great choice for a vinyl release, even if it is obvious that this was initially a multi-tracked digital recording.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  12. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

Waiting patiently....

13. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I got this a while ago and the vinyl version sounds great. Love it. As I said upthread, this is prime later Grateful Dead and is wonderful performance.

I could buy the new "Thirty Trips Around the Sun" CD box set. I'm sure it will be wonderful. But for $700 I could also buy 6-10 shows like this on vinyl. I'll take the LPs instead.

14. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

I got this today from them

Brookvale RecordsDick's Picks Vol. 6 is currently in production and is scheduled for a Fall 2015 release. 1500 copies on 180g black, 5-LP box set. Remastered by the great Jeffrey Norman once again. We'll share updates on our FB page and Brookvale Bulletin regarding release details as we get closer. If you are not already, please consider becoming a Dick's Picks Vinyl Series Subscriber by visiting brookvalerecords.com. It's free and you'll get early release info along with a low-numbered priority copy. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.