Anyone here a paid Audiogon member?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SamS, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

Just curious, as I am looking to sell my almost-new McIntosh amplifier. I'm curious to know the "blue-book" value, as I'll likely offer it on this forum for less than its value rather than mess with eBay.

2. Shakey

Shakey New Member

I am not because they charge something like $30.00 a month. But you can check with a dealer, if you trust 'em. Or you can do a search on Ebay on your piece and see what they have sold for in the past, which sometimes differs a lot from the 'Blue Book' values.
    If you are just trying to get the best price I would do the Ebay search and see what you come up with.

3. wes

wes Senior Member

I don't know what the blue book is, but most people sell their equipment if it's less than five years old, at about half the retail price.
    No one should ever have to pay more than half its retail. That's the rule in my little black book.

-Wes

4. Upstateaudio

Upstateaudio Senior Member

5. mazort

mazort New Member

I use audiogon and the bluebook. I think it's pretty good.

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

Thanks, guys.

That www.usedprice place is pretty good. It lists my amp for $2000 used which is about what I expected. I believe one sold on ebay last week for ~1900. I plan on asking less than this when I offer it for sale in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.