Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'? (part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Still my favourite.

vince likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

bartels76, Mark E. Moon, JimW and 2 others like this.
  3. alexpop

4. alexpop

New Blu Ray 10th anniversary box set ?

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And here's a different interview with Vince Gilligan and several of the writers and producers reminiscing about the past episodes of Breaking Bad, including several different series endings they had considered and discarded. One of them was the ending I predicted a long time ago, which is that everybody would die except Walt, which of course would destroy him, since he had gotten into drug-making as a way to allow his family to survive years after he died.

‘Breaking Bad’ 10th Anniversary: Writers Reunite to Reflect on What They Learned and That Final Season

JimW and Deesky like this.
  6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, that would have been devastating (worthy of a Black Mirror episode ending! :))

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They did have quite a few other endings that had been discussed. The biggest surprise for me was finding out that Jesse was supposed to die after the first few episodes, but he was so good they kept him on for the entire series. And the only reason they brought in Mike the Hitman was because Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) wasn't available for part of that season. It just shows you how some things just kind of happened, and the plot lines and stories all still made sense.

alexpop likes this.
  8. alexpop

What do you think of Better Call Saul?

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Terrific show. It's a little slow, but it has some amazing moments and I never miss an episode.

Jerry Horne, Hawkeye and alexpop like this.
  10. alexpop

You watch it real time?
    Also ..
    What's the longevity of this series?

11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not Vidiot, but I watch it in real time because there is no alternative, and I'm not prepared to wait till the season ends to binge - it's just too good not to get an immediate fix!
    The glib answer is as long as Gilligan wants, but I vaguely remember that he said they may end it after 5 seasons.

alexpop likes this.
  12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I love the show and I often go back and watch some episodes a second time without the sound as it's such a visual masterpiece.

13. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

??? I thought this was common knowledge. My biggest surprise is you not knowing this.

Same thing w/ Walton Goggins on Justified. Sometimes chemistry just clicks and a minor part becomes a lynchpin.

jwoverho and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  14. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Exactly - the fact that Jesse was originally slated to die in the first season is probably the most well-known and oft-quoted piece of BrBa trivia.

JimW likes this.
  15. alexpop

May end after five seasons.
    5 Seasons ?

What next for the characters?

Jesse Pinkman character is alive BCS time zone, and after"Breaking Bad "sequel ?

16. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Are you asking if Jesse will show up in BCS? I doubt it; I think they've finished their characters (he and Walt) and don't want to add anything that might somehow detract from perfection...

Tim S likes this.
  17. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I agree. I think they are acutely aware of how gimmicky bringing in BB characters could become.

JimW likes this.
  18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

But, I still think they'll keep those black-and-white post-"BB" scenes coming!

JimW likes this.
  19. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I just finished watching The Prisoner of Second Avenue, with Jack Lemmon. Especially in the scenes where Lemmon begins his decline into delusional paranoia, I kept getting a feeling that he reminded me of another actor. It took me a while, but it hit me . . . Bryan Cranston. It made me wonder if it was just my imagination, a coincidental similarity, or an indication of an acting influence.

Check this out (starting at about 3:40) and see if you agree:

jwoverho and Gumboo like this.
  20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I can't get past my disdain for Brian. NO...

21. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

:confused: What’s the story there ?

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

story? simple I can't stomach him...better? clearer? OK...

23. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I don't think I've ever heard someone say that they couldn't stand Bryan Cranston. Nothing negative, just that's a new one for me.

rburly and Michael like this.
  24. alexpop

Just tbe character he plays in Breaking Bad or in talk shows/real life ?

Michael likes this.
  25. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I don't get that either. He seems like one of the true good guys in the industry (like Tom Hanks, whom he is good friends with not surprisingly), not to mention a tremendous actor. I still think his portrayal of Walter White is one of the two greatest acting performances I have ever seen (along with Galdolfini in The Sopranos).

Clark V Kauffman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.