Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I thought the last episode was pretty great, though not filled with much action. But Jesse's hot gf made up for lack of action.

I actually like Saul the lawyer.

The best show on television these days. Too bad so few know about it.

jamesmaya likes this.
  2. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

I liked the last episode quite a lot. It set up plenty of tension.
    Jesse pis$ing off Walter a number of times. A dead battery. Thusly, a useless vehicle. A 15 mile walk in 100+ degree heat. Water dumped on a fire. Help that didn't show. Walter watching his health decline, then some good news. I haven't seen an episode yet that I dislike. Keep on cookin'! :righton:

3. spice9

spice9 Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, the season's moving along well. I do find Saul to be a little cartoonish. The first character not that well thought out, imo. But it's always fun watching Bob Odenkirk. I just finished catching up on season 1, so no more surprises. Anyone else see the extras on the first season DVDs, where all the interviews are mis-timed, showing the clips first and the spoken parts of the clips next? That had to be on purpose. Dumb idea.

4. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Finally watched Sunday's episode last night. Another great episode. I cannot believe this show doesn't get the same adulation that Lost gets on here. In my opinion, Breaking Bad is by far the best show on television. Everything about it is brilliant.

5. mr.schneider

I thought this last weeks episode was a little weak. A few good moments esp. the tension between Walter & Hank. It's paralleling the power Walter is feeling in his remission and the upper hand he might have in the law not having a clue who Heisenberg really is. Next weeks episode looks action packed!!!

6. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I thought Walt might blow up the house while doing the home repairs he took on last week. I thought we were running head long into tieing the pre-show haz-mat clean up tease, into that episode's actual plotline.

It's coming soon, though. Anyone know how many episodes are left in this season?

7. spice9

Three more.

8. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

things are only getting worse for Walter, even though they should be getting better. He is becoming "Heizenburg."

9. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

A chill ran up my spine when he told that guy, "Stay out of my territory!" :eek:

10. dufman

dufman Forum Resident

I'm almost done with the first season and I am definitely loving this show.

Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

11. spice9

Last night's episode was unbelievably great. Frightening, disturbing and maybe a bit too graphic. This season is climaxing wonderfully. The only thing I find a little off is Jesse's girlfriend. No way someone like her with a drug past would be so drop-dead gorgeous.

12. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

yeah, it stretches plausability, but not in a bad way. (heh.)

nice the way they've played against expectations w/wife's teasing of her boss; everyone looking for an affair to start up, then she turns up major irregs w/the books.

i thought the fast food/drug mogul thread was perfectly played, and the way his health set him up to w/need to stay in the trade.

this show may be too good to last, but will have a long dvd after-life for sure.

13. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Right now, this is the best thing on TV at the moment. :thumbsup:

14. spice9

That was poorly thought out. If the guy was committing major fraud the last thing he'd do is hire an excellent accountant or bookkeeper.

15. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

A lot of these people have big ego's and don't think they'll get caught. Plus, I think he was using another organ other than his brain when he brought her back.

16. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Oh you might be surprised. She's still very young. Who knows how much, and for how long she was doing drugs. I've known some very beautiful women that were big time fiends that hadn't disintegrated in their 20's. And if I remember correctly, she had been off the stuff for over a year. So I don't find it a stretch at all.

17. spice9

Good points, and about Sky's boss as well. You're right, it does take time for one to totally disintegrate, except of course for Big Papi. :laugh:

18. mayoski

mayoski Forum Resident

I think he would rather have somebody that he knows - and it appears he made a good call - she did go back to the office.

19. mr.schneider

Last nights show is one of the best so far.
    I knew Walter's drop-ceiling cellphone was going to go off during class, however, I expected it would be a bigger deal than what was made of it.
    The lost opportunity with the drug deal, strung out Jesse, & labor pains. Wow.
    The show keeps getting better & better.

20. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

You said it! My stomach was in knots by the end. It's so rare to find true dramatic tension in a weekly televsion series, but that's what we're getting.

Gus's comment about not being able to trust a drug addict was clearly illustrated in the final act when Walt was trying to get the product from Jesse.

I keep trying to anticipate how this will end - and I don't mean just this season, but longer-term. What if Walt realizes that Jesse can't be relied on and decides to fire him? Jesse would then be in a position to rat him out to the DEA for immunity.

Similarly, Walt has now met Gus and that could be to his advantage if he gets caught. Walt could offer up Saul and Gus in a plea bargain. I love the fact that this series is impossible to predict.

21. Pipian

Pipian Forum Resident

I'm still trying to figure out who is in the bodybags seen at the opening of the episode before last. Hmm.. My bet is on Jesse and Jane.

22. Tom in Houston

Jane and her dad, and Jesse gets back to not being a strung out waste. Just look at the post that opens this page. We were so happy for Jesse. Then the attractive landlady he shacks up with turns into a junkie, and a blackmailing junkie if the previews are to be believed.

Dear writers - please fix the Jane problem early next season if she isn't in those bodybags in 2 weeks time. A simple OD will do.

Or it could be Gus and the man sent to arrange a sale. Maybe they come looking for Walt and Walt has to blow them up in his own house using the magic of Chemistry again. You know Breaking Bad's record for life expectancy of any other drug dealers on the scene.

Or.... we haven't heard from the towing guy lately, but he knows too much.

Or....

23. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Too many ways to finish out this season...gives me an ice cream headache! Fortunately, it's a headache I look forward to over the next couple of weeks. I don't know if I said this earlier, but I hate that this show is on at 9 central on Sunday nights...all the tension makes it hard to get to sleep!

24. mr.schneider

Oh my god.... next week is the season finale already!
    We gotta wait until February 2010 to see this show in full swing??? Ain't fair.

And oh, BTW, tonight's episode is one of the best, if not THEE best!!!!! Unbelieveable.
    This week you shall find out! ;)

25. Tom in Houston

Ding dong the witch is dead.

Looks like Saul knows a "cleaner" like Mr Wolf (right?) from Pulp Fiction. Jesse appeared a basket case in the previews.

It seems Walt doesn't understand money laundering either. The son sets up a donations website, and Walt is too proud to let his cook money come back to him without recognition of his own earning potential. Saul used the word "issues". Maybe he knows a shrink.

I was actually talking to my screen tonight, trying to give Walt instructions. "Don't touch that." "Walk away. Just walk away." "Get out now - now stupid!" Hope Jesse doesn't figure out he was there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.