Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spice9

spice9 Senior Member Thread Starter

Very disappointed with the second to last episode. Walt not giving Jesse his half made no sense. Like he suddenly wants Jesse in his life, and cares about him? And the coincidence of Walt meeting the chick's father in the bar? Totally lame. Still a fun watch though.

2. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I don't know. What's a F-bomb ?

3. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Another unbelieveably great episode! This show just keeps getting better and better.

I don't think Walt ever intended to screw Jesse out of his share (even though he almost screwed up the deal and deserved to be cut out.) He truly cares about Jesse which kinda surprised me considering how poorly he treats him.

4. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Yes, he doesn't seem to treat him very well.I'm kind of suprised that Jesse hasn't tried something similar to the last episode (try to blackmail) Walt needs to ease up on him a bit. Next week should prove very interesting when Jessee wakes up....

5. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

So now that we've been given snapshots of the finale from the intros of the episodes from this season, and what we've learned from this last episode.... anyone wanna take any guesses what happens at the White residence in this season's finale?

What prompts the fire or explosion? Accident or foul play? Jesse finding out that Walter was at the apartment and seeks revenge? Walter sabotaging his own house? Jane's father seeking revenge for the death of his daughter? Afterall, it doesn't show Walter leaving Jesse's appartment. Jane's father might have paid a visit to Jane after Walt & his exchange at the bar- might have seen Walter leaving the scene. If the house goes up and the house is being investigated by detectives, what happens to all the stashed cash in the garage?

That's exactly why I love this show- so many 'what if's.' These writers and the director have a marvelous means of building suspense. Wow.

What else have these writers done/worked on? Anyone know?

6. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

I think he just didn't want Jesse to OD with all that cash on hand. Could prompt an investigation.

7. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

No real cliffhanger. Now I'm worried!

When the credits rolled each character was in a newish stopping place. Things had happened to each one, and nothing critical was left hanging. Lots of major troubles had sunk in for all, but everyone had their own new reality so to speak. The future is wide open. Troublingly these characters seem vanquished and ready to disappear from our screens.

Breaking Bad has been renewed for a 3rd season, right?

Did you notice that we still didn't come absolutely current with the footage that ran at the beginning of the show. They stopped current reality with the burned plush bear hitting the pool.

I know lots of men with secrets bigger than a 2nd cell phone. I guess the reason they stay married is that all their untruths are never revealed all at once!

8. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

For Walt being such a smart man, he really blew it in not anticipating *any* scenario where his wife just might find his 2nd phone , or be in contact with his family or friends who supposedly gave him money, or checked at the hospital, etc. One wonders what his actual plan was going to be when it got to be time to explain where all this $$ had come from, since even the lie involved his friends NOT giving his any money "any more".
    His seeming total lack of emotional connection to his family seems odd, as his prognosis has improved, and he has a chance to live longer, and besides the whole reason for his drug dealing was to set up his family to be comfortable when he was gone.
    The final episode really set up new storylines for the next season, so there BETTER be one - or there will be rioting in the streets!!! :winkgrin:

9. It was announced Breaking Bad was renewed for a third season back in April. :righton:

10. spice9

spice9 Senior Member Thread Starter

Great points. He seemingly couldn't care less about his son but is totally committed to Jesse, who he has always basically disliked.

And what with the guy being distracted as an air traffic controller? That was dopey. And the stuff just happens to fall in Walt's pool. Silly.

11. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

One way of looking at it . . . they're both in that neighborhood, both have an occasional beer and "problems." Statistically low probability, but not beyond the pale.

Walt's a conflicted man--about Jesse, his family, the accomplishments of his Kingpin-dom--everything. He's essentially a good guy capable of horrible behavior. A human-being. It's what makes him believable, and so scary.

I love the way they set his wife up as such a moral purist, calling her boss on the accounting issue; PERFECTLY foretelling her sudden cutting of losses with Walt, and heading out.

Not much doubt they'll reconnect in some way.

dc

12. mr.schneider

What sucks is the wait until next season starts... 8 months from now!!! :realmad:

They left some interesting set ups for next season- Walt will have to work to get his family back, Jesse in rehab, Jane dead and her father in a high-stress job because of which an accident occurred, debris from the crash in Walter's yard where there will no doubt be an investigation, the Chicken selling drug lord now supporting the Police, laundered cash still pouring in from Walt Jr.s website.
    Man.... I can't wait for 8 months... damn.

13. Tom in Houston

Who? Walt and Skyler, or Skyler and her boss? She wasn't purist enough to stay away from a man she knows wants her. And in the end she agreed to stay working for him, even though he had broken the law. Why can't she do the same for Walt?

It was all piling up to be too much anyway. With this many of Walt's sins out in the open, the story can move along. With no one at his new home, Walt can come and go as needed.

Of course Walt will still need to come around the family house and do things like patch the roof where the "debris" punctured through. And to think we all wondered who was in the body bags in the teasers that started the shows all these weeks!

On the other hand, maybe no one gets to live in the house - the clean up people were all wearing haz-mat suits.

Maybe Walt can move up to a better vehicle! Usually the roof has to compress though to have the car totaled.

The big irony was that Skyler set up her DEA agent brother-in-law to help Walt move out. Wonder if they'll move the extra insulation out of the garage wall? Maybe the clean up guys will find it first.

14. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

walt.

she's the type that could rationalize a lot of things. in her mind, the worst she's done is dress a little sexier to get attn from a man, something she's not getting at home.

"moral purity" to a moral purist is relative.

dc

15. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Not long to go now, just 1 month!

16. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

I'm newer to the show and absolutely love it. It's really the only serial drama I get excited about.

Because Walt is her husband, the one person that's supposed to be honest and open. The deception makes her feel like a fool and that's worse to her than anything else he did.

I thought the plane crash ending was pretty corny, but everything else was cool. Letting Jesse's girl (heh) die like that... damn, Walt, that's messed up.

17. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Hmm, it's not really it was a good decision even if it was harsh. Walt's whole situation is messed up. The girl was acting like a trumpet and had it coming.

18. Tom in Houston

Last time I checked, Season 2 was due out on DVDs 3/16. I assume they are making it available for review just prior to Season 3's debut as fresh TV.

I no longer have cable, so I'll be enjoying the DVDs as if they were reruns of a favorite series.

Then Ill have to stay away from this thread to avoid spoiling Season 3 for me. Looks like I'll be waiting for Season 3 DVDs to come out mid-March 2011. That will be a long, hard wait!

19. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Dude did you say she was acting like a trumpet?

20. mr.schneider

This Sunday fellow fans!

21. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

I cancelled my cable service literally the day after the Season 2 finale, because Breaking Bad was the only thing I thought was worth watching anymore.

Now it appears that I'll have to wait until a year from NOW to view Season 3. :(

22. Tom in Houston

Does anyone know of a good sale price for season 2 on DVD?

I want to own the music video that opened that one episode mid-season!

Thanks

23. I found it for $19.99 at Costco.

24. You don't have to wait a year...just contact them and see if they have any specials..follow the show to its conclusion then cancel again if you want!

25. mr.schneider

Ah, t'nite!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.