Anyone made their own Audioquest speaker cables?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by blair207, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blair207

blair207 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am thinking of upgrading my speaker cables. I currently use QED Silver Anniversary. The cheapest option is to get Audioquest Rocket 33 cable at £30/m and use my current banana plugs. Has anyone else used this cable and what were the results. My system is entirely made up from Cyrus components.

2. Liquid Len

Liquid Len Forum Resident

Why AQ Rocket 33 out of all the cables available? How do you know/are you sure it will give you what you are seeking sound-wise? Why not check out sites like TNT-Audio which give recipes for excellent, truly diy speaker cables at a fraction of the cost of off-the-reel 'HiFi' cables? You can still use your existing bananas. Alternatively, look at cables from Mogami, Van Damme etc, both highly regarded by contributors to SHMF.

blair207 likes this.
  3. timind

timind phorum rezident

While I've never used the Rocket 33, I have reterminated several other Audioquest speaker cables including Crystal, Indigo, Type 8, Slate and probably a few I don't remember. Currently using double runs of CV-4. I'm a fan of Audioquest as you can get some very well made cables cheap on the used market.

blair207 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.