Anyone? New BMG Codes?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hdsemaj, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get your orders in now if you want the best price. The 80% off code expires at midnight and it is assumed the 90% one will expire with it.

2. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Codes are still working

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

But you still pay shipping with those 80%- and 90%-off codes, right?

4. bluesbro

right

5. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

This one works for box sets:

'Y911 = 2/3 off and free shipping with 4 or more'

And the '4 or more' refers to the number of discs, and not the number of titles.

Example: The Kenny Rogers 4-CD box set can be had for $7.96, shipped.

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The Kenny Rogers 4-CD is a CLEARANCE item, so there's no free shipping included. Your total would be $16.72.

7. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Oops... that is correct (I had only seen the price on this one, and didn't notice it was a clearance item).

:wave:

8. Lon

Lon Senior Member

bump:wave:

9. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Do they ever offer codes that apply to clearance items? Or are you stuck with the "clearance" price/shipping deal?

For example, regular item David Bowie's "David Live" 2CD set is normally $29.98. The 90% off code knocks it down to $3.00, plus S/H.

Meanwhile, clearance item David Bowie's "Stage" 2CD set, also normally $29.98, is fixed at the clearance price of $3.98, plus S/H. The code does not change the price.

One dollar isn't a huge difference in this David Bowie example. However, clearance vs code prices can have a larger impact with more expensive box sets.

10. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

I have never seen one. Clearance items are sometimes more expensive than they would be under some of the better codes.

11. KeithH

I'm sure it's the remaster. The remaster has been out for years. The older version is long out of print.

12. Lon

Lon Senior Member

Thanks.

13. bluesbro

Code is no longer working.

14. bluesbro

fyi: the 90% code is still working. But box sets are not covered.

Anyone has a a 2/3 & free shipping for box sets?

15. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

And for those who may have already used their 90% off code, there are some decent offerings in the clearance section..

16. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Any hope for one last great sale, before they close for good June 23?

17. KeithH

I stopped receiving e-mail messages with sale announcements about two weeks ago.

EDIT: I am having all kinds of problems with BMG's site this morning. Just about any click is met with the white screen that says "The page cannot be displayed."

18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Well there's hope on my part. But not a great deal of optimism...

19. bluesbro

My last 90% order is lost in the mail. Customer Service is not replying...

ay, ay, ay :(

20. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

I'm still trying to figure out the David Bowie/Santa Monica CD. I received an email stating it had been added to the club. Placed an order that day which included this and it has been TOOS ever since. Did they ever have it in stock? If so, only for a few minutes.

21. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Only one more day left to place orders, and no final big blowout to be seen!

They've had a permanent, unlimited 80% off deal on the website over the past few weeks.

I also got an e-mail before the weekend saying $6.99 per CD (which is no better deal than yourmusic).

22. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

Queue eliminated

I don't think it's been discussed here, but Yourmusic has done away with their monthly purchase commitment. There is no queue, only a cart. You can buy CD's anytime at $6.99 per disc.

23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Not for me. I still have a queue, and the 'ability' to add items to it.

24. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

There might be different websites depending on whether the account was created from a prior BMG member. I noticed that my email from BMG indicated that there would be no monthly required purchase if I converted my membership to yourmusic; I assume there would be no use for a queue if there was no required purchase.

25. MusicForAll

MusicForAll Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Dear __________,

As the President of BMG Music Service and yourmusic.com, I wanted to write and thank you for your business over the years. We've enjoyed bringing you a wide selection of music at great savings. I'm happy to say that we'll be able to keep doing so, because BMG Music Service will continue as yourmusic.com.

Yourmusic.com will give you all the fantastic savings you've come to expect from BMG Music Service, plus many of the improvements you've been asking for. The pricing is very simple: just $6.99 per disc, all the time. Shipping is FREE and there are no automatic shipments or monthly charges. And to show our appreciation, we'll give you a free CD after you make your first purchase at yourmusic.com.

We've made it easy for you to have an account at yourmusic.com, so you can keep on saving without missing a beat. All you need is the e-mail address and password that you've been using at bmgmusic.com, and you can start shopping right away. Log in to your new yourmusic.com account now!

Once again, thank you for trusting us with your business over the years, and we look forward to seeing you at yourmusic.com.

Sincerely,

Stuart Goldfarb
    President
    BMG Music Service and yourmusic.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.