Anyone? New BMG Codes?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hdsemaj, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Mm. As a member of both BMG and Yourmusic, they must have weeded me out of this plan. On the one hand, I would like the convenience of only buying when I want to. On the other hand, I actually enjoy getting a disc a month, something that surely wouldn't happen if I wasn't in the classic "queue" format.

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

what kind of selection does yourmusic have?

I received a similar letter (except for the free CD part)

Dear Member,

As the President of BMG Music Service and yourmusic.com, I wanted to write and thank you for your business over the years. We've enjoyed bringing you a wide selection of music at great savings. I'm happy to say that we'll be able to keep doing so, because BMG Music Service will continue as yourmusic.com.

At yourmusic.com the pricing is very simple: just $6.99 per disc, all the time. Shipping is free and there are no automatic shipments or monthly charges. We've made it easy for you to have an account at yourmusic.com, so you can keep on saving without missing a beat. All you need is the e-mail address and password that you've been using at bmgmusic.com, and you can start shopping right away. To log in to your new yourmusic.com account, go to:

3. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

May I suggest going to their website and poking around a bit? You don't need to be a member to peruse their online catalog.

4. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

It's basically the same as BMG's.

5. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

anyone else having trouble activating their account? I used to have a yourmusic account, cancelled it, and kept my BMG one going. I used the same email address for both, and now when I try to activate my new yourmusic account, it says one already exists with that email address and it won't let me go further. I've tried contacting yourmusic customer service, and I got a response from BMG customer service telling me to contact yourmusic customer service!!

6. jetfan

jetfan Senior Member

I'm having the same problem activating my account. Been trying for a few days. Emailed customer service today, am waiting for a reply. I guess we could always use an alternate email address.

7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Same problem here. Let us know what you learn.

I don't see a way to link in from the page offering the free CD with membership without the page automatically filling in my old email login in such a way that I can't change it. If you know of a workaround for this, I'd love to hear it!

8. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Same problem here too. And yes, you cannot change the email address on the yourmusic registration page.

9. jetfan

jetfan Senior Member

Still haven't heard a reply from yourmusic.com. Maybe they got overloaded with email questions from other former members of BMG?

10. MusicForAll

MusicForAll Forum Resident

Got mine to activate no problem.
    My email BMG had and my password from that account. Didn't even need to change password, just entered the same as I had.

11. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I think those of us who are having problems had yourmusic.com accounts in the past and shut them down for one reason or another...

12. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

Same problem here. Tried twice - no luck.

Waiting for customer service to get back to me - it's been a few days now.

13. jetfan

jetfan Senior Member

I think those of us who are having problems had yourmusic.com accounts in the past and shut them down for one reason or another...
    Yes, I think you're right. I once had an account with them and cancelled. In the end I just used a different email address to sign up, and got a free cd in the process.

14. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

The problem affects former Yourmusic members who try to take advantage of the offer given to former BMG members. Your e-mail address is still on record at Yourmusic, and customer service can't, or won't, remove it. (We've been exchanging e-mails for two weeks.)

But it doesn't matter. If you re-join as a "Former subscriber," you get the same deal---no monthly purchase, and credit for a free CD.

15. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Right, but that's the problem. How do you re-join as a "former subscriber" if they won't let you change your email address or answer a customer service email?

16. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I think if you try to re-join as a former subscriber, it still asks for the email address associated with the previous account.

So it appears that there is no way for someone who has a yourmusic account (AND had a BMG account), to get their offer of a membership that doesn't require queue shipments.

17. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Ah, so YM got rid of queue shipments all together, then?

18. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Only if you had a BMG account only I think.

19. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

When I reactivated my Yourmusic account, there was no longer a queue available. But I have heard of current Yourmusic members who still see a queue, so I'm not sure if the queue is completely gone. If you used to be a Yourmusic subscriber like I did, try entering the e-mail address associated with your old Yourmusic account.

Not from this page.

From this page.

20. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I have a queue at yourmusic.com, but I have never closed and then reactivated the account.

21. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

anyone ordered from "Yourmusic.com" yet? What are the releases like? Do they have their own little box in the barcode thing like BMG used to have? Or are the CD's still saying BMG??

22. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Same company. Same exact stock. Some releases have "retail" barcodes (most do not), but I think that was true of the BMG club, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.